ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been thinking about going to Japan, but I would like to find out a few things from some people first:

Has anyone ever gone and rented a car and taken it to one of the circuits that we always see in Best Motoring or any other vids?

How hard is it to rent a vehicle there and drive it around legally?

Is it really expensive to stay over there?

Anything else I need to know about?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i lived there for 6 years until i was 10, but haven't been back so i can't help you much. but if you go, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
XtianLA said:
Well, I have been thinking about going to Japan, but I would like to find out a few things from some people first:

Has anyone ever gone and rented a car and taken it to one of the circuits that we always see in Best Motoring or any other vids?

Thanks guys.
my g/f best friend is from Japan. She goes back atleast once a year and has no trouble with anything. From my understanding its a pretty common place that is traveled to. Your best bet is to contact a travel agency and ask them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Spectre186 said:
I went when i 5. I ate baby octopus. I went on the bullet train. Hope this helps! :D
:rotfl:

I'd love to go someday. Tokyo looks like a cool city, but I'm sure the rest of the country is very nice also.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I go home about once a year. Like someone said - best bet is a travel agency. Also there are tons of travel agencies that offer discount roundtrip tickets.

You can get "international license" from your local AAA. Granted last time I did the above was in 1987 :eek3: but I don't think it has changed. Don't know about taking such to circuits.

Depending on where you visit (I.E. not country-side), I wouldn't bother driving a car. Public transportation rulez. Clean, fast, comfortable (except rush hours - yes, they aren't joking when they pack you in that train) & on time.

To save money:

- Avoid taxis; use public transportation.

- Take advantage of JR railroad pass for foreign visitors to get around. It can take you on the longhaul too.

- Avoid western hotels. Assuming you want the full experience stay in ryokans/minshyuku where you will experience Japanese cuisine, sleeping on a real futon on tatami, & hot bath.

If you are serious & have more questions PM me :D

Robert

·
Registered
226 Posts
XtianLA said:

Thanks guys.
Ive been over thier now twice in the last 3 years.

1. No, but I wouldnt want to drive there. They drive pretty crazy in the cities, and how they label the streets is a bit wacky.

2. No idea

3. Depends where you stay you can get some pretty good deals.

4. Pick up a Japan Railpass they are great deals, they allow you to ride the bullet train as many times as you want for only one fee. It will save you hundreds opposed to just buying tickets in the stations.

·
Registered
620 Posts
1. dont bother renting a car, use the public tranportation like the trains. the taxi's are very expensive but remember dont miss the last train for the nigth or you will be sleeping at the station or taking a expensive cab ride home.

2. as long as you get a "international licence" from AAA for 10 bucks for members like 18 for non member. you can drive in japan or around the world.

3. it is expensive to stay over there. you will spend lot of money for food drinks and FUN =), but in return you will get the best service and quality :D

4. you will need to know the local map or have a friend that knows the places localy.

5. BUY A "JAPAN RAIL PASS" FOR THE TIME YOU ARE IN JAPAN/ IN THE CITIES BECAUSE YOU CAN RIDE THE "JR AND BULLET TRIANS" UNLIMITEDLY. FREEEEEEEEEEE (ACTUALLY FOR THE PRICE OF THE TICKET) tickets are around 200 to 600 depending on the length you want to use it (continous dates only)

6. have funnnnnnnnnn :D

·
Registered
878 Posts
yeah the trains there don't run 24/7 as my friend found out when he was there last time LOL had had to walk back like 30 miles during the night to come back to his friends place :D don't ask why he walked.....its my friend!!, hes a little weird about the way he does things :)

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Man that is a dream trip i want to take, my parents went in the 70's lol i have a lot of japanese stuff in my house from their.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts