Here's what I've ordered:

WORX BOV
HKS Carbon-Ti exhaust
HKS UP/DP
HKS TT

coming soon:::

STi Wing
Cusco Front/Rear sway bars
and the most important mod of all (for colorado anyways)..

drum roll please....

Subaru All Season Rubber Floor Mats! Yeah baby Yeah!

ANyone got the HKS Carbon-Ti UP/DP combo???????????????

·
Registered
926 Posts
Great choices! Are you planning on upgrading turbos? If you are the only problem would be that the HKS downpipe is not a bellmouth or divorced wastegate design to help the wastegate gasses flow better. If you plan on sticking with the stock turbo you should be fine. The HKS exhaust is awesome.....loud...but awesome.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

Cavadini: I am sticking with the stock turbo. I am not technologically inspired/educated enough to do too much wild stuff to the engine. Thanks for the response....

So, this HKS is maaaad loud? I was worried about that. I think i might need to go back with the Greddy EVO. Where can I find the decible levels these two put out.

What do the rest of you think?

·
Registered
464 Posts
the hks dp, although good, is not great for where you're at since it's not stainless steel....could corrode w/a couple of winters use....someone w/the hks in similar climate might have more to say here

btw, ic hose are cheap and is a good upgrade

·
Registered
598 Posts
a turbo timer and BOV are not needed, use that money toward an accessport or something other kind of enginmanagement especially if you have an '04.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
i think a helix is a better choice of downpipe. But u are getting a combo deal so it doesnt really mattere. U say ur not going to upgrade the turbo..but u will;)

·
Registered
0 Posts
You might want to re-think the bov mod. Had one....had nothin' but problem's. I agree w/ the brake work/rotors and suspension. Good combo on the up/dp. Oh yeah, the all season rubber is nice....I got the all-season rubber mat in the back of my wagon! Nice....very nice!: cool:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
upgraded my order

i changed my order a bit::

went with Helix UP/DP and Xed out the HKS.

Keepint TT for piece of mind.

Keepin BOV for bling bling purposes

NExt in line::::::

STi Wing

and broakes//rotors thanks to yoru suggestions

·
Registered
295 Posts
Get an exhaust.. You will need one because i think the pipe fitment on stock wrx exhaust is 2''.. and the helix dp is 3''.. get the greddy evo, txs, borla, vishnu, these are pretty quiet.. well not the txs.. but the rest are.. or just go custom like i did.. fun stuff.. The Carbon Ti has a really aggressive look, and should be a tad bit lighter since it is titanium.. but good luck..

·
Registered
293 Posts
I know you said you are getting a TT for piece of mind but you really dont need one. Read your onwers manual it goes over what the stock system does for cooling the turbo after spirited drives. Pretty neat stuff. If you want it for bling purposes that is ok i suppose but I think you would be much happier saving another 300 and getting a reflash to go with the up and TBE. Never the less I think you will be much happier with the Helix pieces even though they cost a little more, you wont need to worry about replacing the DP in the future.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
legik - yeah, I ordered the HKS carbon-ti exhaust to go with the Helix UP/DP

Buff - I wil ltkae a peak at the manual today and see what it says. I was thinkign that It would be nice to not have to sit in my car for the extra few minutes when cooling down, but again, i didnt read the manual on that part yet.

Also, what do you mean by "you would be much happier saving another 300 and getting a reflash to go with the up and TBE"????

reflash? tbe?

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
as long as you take the last few minutes of your drive easy on teh way home youre fine with the turbo cooling down.

by reflash he means engine management/reflashing your cars computer to accomidate for the changes to its breathing...

for 600$ you could get the cobb accessport =, reflash your ecu to cobbs stage 2 pack and BOOM. 50 HP (i think. exact gains on their site w/ dyno sheets)

engine management is pretty important if you want that car to TRULY run like a champ!

sounds like youre well on your way!

and dont forget to add some slow to handle at that go. ;)

tbe = turbo back exhaust

1 - 15 of 15 Posts