Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides Jeremy Clarkson?

Just curious when and why people turn it off.

· Premium Member
47,181 Posts
So, not a WRX, but I've played around with both the VSC and TC modes quite a bit in my BRZ. It's a tail-happy car (which I like), so rather than go full VSC/TC-off, I simply use VSC sport mode. It introduces more delay into when the nannies step in and try to save your hash in a slide, but doesn't really turn them off. Though I associate wheelspin with TC, it seems like VSC sport also allows a bit more of that.

Actually turning TC completely off in this car is quite a dance, a sequence of things you do right after turning on the car.

· Registered
92 Posts
I have a 13 STi , I turn mine off in the rain , it's fun to slide it around corners . But also when driving the canyons around where I live , the TCS can slow you down a little . I still haven't figured out that center diff control yet ...any advise ?

· Registered
133 Posts
I turn my traction control off and engage launch control at the strip. I turn traction control off, but leave Stabilitrak on at the track. The stock suspension is tuned to understeer just a bit. However, you can induce oversteer pretty quickly. I set the MRC to "Track" mode at either venue.

· Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used to turn if off with my Z4--could get some impressive drifts that way.

· Registered
215 Posts
When I had my Mustang, there was an option to program the TCS as disabled in the ECU via a tuner..... I had that done....

But I always drive my WRX with TCS off because it feels like it bogs less and I can induce more oversteer when I'm being stupid. :D

· Super Moderator
31,047 Posts
Really Spendy?

And no, I am not sure it is the right choice. No car I have ever bought was exactly what I wanted. I built the WRX to drive the way I wanted.

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,787 Posts
Your traction control doesn't do anything until you are messing up profoundly. So if it's "bogging you down" you should investigate your driving habits.

The hill assist should be able to be disabled, it is on my car. I did it a while ago and it never came back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.