Subaru WRX Forum banner

Who Paid for Your WRX/STi?

• I paid/am paying for the car on my own!

Votes: 135 79.9%
  • I have had some help from parents

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • My parents bought my car for me!

Votes: 17 10.1%
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, no fighting or condescending, please.

I don't care if your parents bought a nice car for you, I'm honestly just curious! :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
In theory my wife is helping to pay for it. Thankfully she doesnt know how to drive stick so its all mine mine mine!

·
38,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You raise a good point. If your spouse is helping, let's include that as still paying for it yourself.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Paid on my own! But then, I'm married and 37. :p I'd have to paint a big red "L" on my forehead if it was anything else.

I don't think there's anything wrong with parents helping out with a car, as long as the whippersnapper has the right attitude about it. Some kids are just plain spoiled.

Anybody see the most recent Osbournes? With Jack's new BMW? They should use that episode as evidence for stricter licensing requirements in the United States... :eek3:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Parents are dead :(

No wifey. :)

Only two dogs, so I paid(paying) for the car.

·
38,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm surprised, so far! I thought that there were more kids on here with benevolent parents. Oh well, the day is young...

vtjim:I'm married and 37, too. Are you my evil twin?:confused1 :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
I'm surprised, so far! I thought that there were more kids on here with benevolent parents. Oh well, the day is young...

Haha, they aren't up at this hour :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Complete with Cobb-flashed stage 2! Evil! :mad:

·
Registered
635 Posts
i had help from my folks as in they lent me some $ to make a better down payment. but since then i've paid them back every cent. so i've paid this bad boy off all by my lonesome. 21yr old, sadly living with parents, at least till i finish school.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Paid for 1/2 of it when I took delivery, paying the 2nd half over 2 years 0%fini. 1 year down this month actually!

D.I.N.K.s we are... living well w/in our means.

-tp

·
38,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Teep said:
I'm so jealous of you DINK's. My money is flushed down the toilet before I ever see it...:mad:

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
hehe so let me be first one who has a car becacue his paren't got it for him :D :D :D although i don't consider myself "a kid" I'm 22.
also i don't think i'm spoiled

·
Registered
671 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
I'm so jealous of you DINK's. My money is flushed down the toilet before I ever see it...:mad:
Well, as I tell ppl who ask us "married 11 years and no kids?!?!" ...
"it aint like we aren't trying!"

The Mrs would love to be staying at home w/kids and her garden...

She's frugal as hell though so that's why I'm on the worlds slowest (and stealth-iest) MOD path evAR! :wiggles:

-tp

·
Registered
488 Posts
Teep said:
All hail DINKs! :dink salute:

DINK Magazine :D

We should strive not to rub it in though. :p

·
38,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rallymaniac said:
hehe so let me be first one who has a car becacue his paren't got it for him :D :D :D although i don't consider myself "a kid" I'm 22.
also i don't think i'm spoiled
Oops, sorry. Didn't mean to offend with the kid comment! It's all relative. I work with a bunch of guys in their 40's and 50's. I'm in my late 30's, but to them I'm the kid!:)

Like I said, I didn't start the thread to cast any judgment on who's spoiled, or anything like that. Let's keep this one friendly!:)

·
Registered
671 Posts
vtjim said:
Hells no! Just like I would *never* hate on someone as lucky as those who have their parents buy them cars. I admire all enthusiasts, no matter how they wind up there, scratchin & saving, or getting the keys on christmas day, it's all good IMO.

I got good parents, they were like "will will never compare you to other kids, so don't go comparing us to other parents". Even though they are the best parents evAR. ;)

-tp

·
38,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
vtjim said:
All hail DINKs! :dink salute:
DINK Magazine :D
Ok, you guys officially suck!:)
I make over twice the median annual income for an American family. Sometimes I think about what I could have if I wasn't paying for two kids and a stay-at-home-mommy....no, I'd better not think about that anymore!:(

/WHINING

·
Registered
878 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Ok, you guys officially suck!:)
I make over twice the median annual income for an American family. Sometimes I think about what I could have if I wasn't paying for two kids and a stay-at-home-mommy....no, I'd better not think about that anymore!:(

/WHINING
It'll pay off after the kids are out of college :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm 18 yrs old and paying for the WRX myself, but I did need my parents to get the car in their name since I was 17 at the time of purchaseand have NO credit, etc etc.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts