Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 18 years old. I'm about the smartest thing ot hit the planet since einstien and I can't find a job. Why does everything have to beabout money? [email protected]! anyway,Can anyone here tell me what they do for a job if you lie in NJ. I aplied to Fifty, yes 50, fie zero in the past month. not one, not 1, Zero, NONE replied to me. Unbelievable. The times are hard and the WRX I want can't be bought unless I can find a job. Can anyone in NJ help me out! Please. Gosh I'd do almost ANYTHING to own a new WRX the legal way but I need help finding a job. Let me know if you live in NJ and have a good job and especialy let me know if you got this job with out college education. I'm a graphic artist there isn't any jobs in that field. HELP HELP I'm seriously going to loose it in january if I can't drive to my house with a 2003 WRX. <-- not going crazy just very upset because it's not fair that just because I'm 18 and I was raisned in a ****ty poor family that I can't have nice things. I hate stereotypes and government and taxes. HELP!

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
Try this thread in the regional sections (Mid-Atlantic)

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8555

Do yourself a favor.....college degree helps (easier to hire and more $$$). A state college (like NJIT or I think Rutgers)is relatively inexpensive versus a private college (Stevens-Tech). Financial Aid will be on your side also (Loans and grants).

It's nice to get a really nice car fresh out of high shool....but many of us drove older, cheaper cars through H.S and college. Then after graduation....got a nicer car.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I didn't get my new car till way clear 18. I'm 29 now...and 18 wasn't that far ago, but when I was 18 I wasn't worried about not driving a nice car. I know I didn't have the money and my family didn't have the money to get me one. So...I drove the beater. Went to college, finished college, and got a decent job.

Since then, I've purchased 2 cars. One old classic, and one new one.

So, not having it by 2003 and you're 18 won't kill you. Don't worry dood. Your time will come. Just work hard at it. The rewards are far greater than instand gratification. There's no rush...it's only a car. Keep working towards your goal.

-LostLamb

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
I should also mention....community college for 2 years, then transfer. It will save a lot of money.

You're 18...driving a WRX....picture yourself paying for car insurance in NJ.

·
980 Posts
i live in NJ, drive a WRX, live in a beach front apartment, and just graduated college. the degree makes the job, but i know some folks w/o them who are certified network folks. there is always that route if you know computers.

chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts