ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering who is running the 1 highflow cat and why you choose to run the 1 highflow cat rather than being totally catless. Thanks.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Isn't removing any of the catalytic convertors illegal? So when you say street legal, what do you mean?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I run an APS with one high flow cat. For the sacrifice of 3 to 5 HPs, I avoid the smell of unburned fuel, fireballs shooting out of my ass, and I may have saved a tree somewhere.

THe APS also sells the cat delete pipe for round 60 bucks. I'm thinking of buying it just to experiiment.

·
Registered
583 Posts
chicago04wrx said:
I run an APS with one high flow cat. For the sacrifice of 3 to 5 HPs, I avoid the smell of unburned fuel, fireballs shooting out of my ass, and I may have saved a tree somewhere.
Exactly. I run a TurboXS hi-flow in my stealthback. I passed emissions easily. I just don't see much appeal to having zero cats for the couple of horsepower I will never notice. :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm running Highflow on my TXS setup and I could not imagine going catless. I want the cars behind me to say nice ride, and not be gagging.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
its also quieter...a lot

so what brand to get? I'm going to have a 3" DP with a flat flange (the short kind that bolts up to the stock cat) and a Borla Hush that has a donut gasket.

I'm not sure if there IS a cat that fits the bill...preferably I'd like to get a 3" high flow cat. I suppose I can get the cat pipe modified with a donut...but I'd rather not have to.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi flow cat

Daddy's has a great metalic substrate high flow cat on his new 3"
segragated waste gate dp. He also offers a 3CE third cat eliminator pipe that looks like the real thing. I have one, along with a Stromung twin tip cat back. It sounds great, not to loud, and didn't throw a CEL when I was still running my AP at stage 1, 93 octane. He advertizes on Nasioc.
No smell, and passes a visual, and should pass emissions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts