ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw this nice STI on my vaction to beautiful maine a few weeks ago...it was next to some light house not sure which one it was...

anyway thought id say hi and nice ride!!!!

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
nice pics ... nice lobsters

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if youv never been there before Maine is a cool state (if your near the beach and its summer) it was my first time there and i was impressed....the houses out there are so fricken different from the ones in colorado (i like em) the ocean is like a mine feild with all those damn lobster buoys...but damn nothing taste better than fresh lobster

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah your probly right....i was mostly at old orchard beach and it was awesome.....alot of canadians there and you could just tell....they were the ones that didnt believe in sun screen so if you saw a 300 lbs man in a speedo and skin lobster red most likely it was a canadian....wish i could have spent more time in Maine

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thats Portland Head Light, at Ft. Williams, Cape Elizabeth, Maine. We use to cliff climb there for quicky afternoon climbs. Now the cops discourage it. :D
Mmmmm, lobsters!
Sti, I dunno.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pretty freaky to be scrolling through a forum and suddenly find a picture of our car, in our driveway, but not taken by us! Were you out eating at the Lobster Shack, or just cruising around? Check out this pic--some guy eating at the restaurant needed a parking space--we felt that he deserved a spot in our driveway!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
holly crap... IT IS a small world!!!!!!!!!! i never thought in a million years someone would be looking though the forums and see their very own car in a thread.....i just took a stabb.....anyway like i said nice car!!! the inlaws i was with didnt quite know what i was gawking at... and after seeing Maine and where you live im very jealous...i wish i could live where you live!!!!! thats a fine piece of real-estate there.... yes i had a lobster roll at the shack and it was good.. never had a lobster roll before....and damn you people in Maine have the best sandwiches>>>> im talking about the "Italians" iv never had one before and didnt know what to expect but holy crap they were good and i must have had one every day i was in Maine....thats a classic picture with a EVO and STI and your driveway....not everyone would understand that...i bet you get sick of random people parking in your driveway....how i wish i could have had my WRX out there at that low altitude and on some of thoughs twisty roads...so after being away from home for two weeks and missing my car i have to see your car and REALLY be home sick....ill miss the smell of the ocean...the taste of fresh lobster after empting the lobster traps...and watching the lobster boat races (though guys are nutts spraying NOS in a boat that should never see speeds of ~50 MPH)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I'm hijack de-fibulating this post...

I'm driving up to Bangor from the Boston area this Saturday morning... I want to haul ass up there but am worried about 'end of month' ticket quotas (and I don't use a detector) are there stretches to be wary of or should I just go for it... or load up the economy map and cruise control it.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/feedback.

-tp

·
Registered
863 Posts
Hey I've been scuba diving right next to that light house. :thumbup: (Not at low tide though!)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Teep said:
I'm hijack de-fibulating this post...

I'm driving up to Bangor from the Boston area this Saturday morning... I want to haul ass up there but am worried about 'end of month' ticket quotas (and I don't use a detector) are there stretches to be wary of or should I just go for it... or load up the economy map and cruise control it.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/feedback.

-tp
I regularly set the cruise at 74 and have no problems at all. No real hot spots, just tag along with a group of fast cars, towards the middle, and you'll be all set. I have seen occasional state troopers sitting on the overpass at the bridge just north of Watervillle (Bellsqueeze Rd) but that's rare. Take it easy between Augusta and Waterville, and also around Newport. Normally, the cops will concentrate on the northbound lane on Fridays/Saturdays and the southbound lane on Sundays. Plan accordingly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Almost forgot- take it easy through South Portland, just after the Maine Mall. There's a state police outpost there, on the turnpike, and they often sit out front and run radar (lazy).

·
Registered
155 Posts
So.Portland thru Falmouth is never any good(55mph posted). Ditto slowing as you approach Waterville. North of Waterville to Newport is good, slower Newport to Bangor.

Watch for the bronze and maroon colored Chevy Impalas, they might be Staties. Also silver Crown Vics, and a black Camero might be Smokies. Oh, and the blue (WRB-ish) Crown Vics with/without lights are the Po-po also. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts