ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you do where and when?

Recently my friend introduced me to the Ortega Highway (74) down here in So. Cal. and we've been going there late at night (1-4am) on the weekends and it's been a lot of fun. I was just wondering if anyone else was really into this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm interested. There are some fun runs out in this area (Inland Empire), but I would love to try out some new roads.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Valien said:

so, this 1-4 am stuff..trying to do the Initial D eh? :D
i love initial d! i just got all 3 stages. ive only watched the first 6 episodes.

theres lots of canyons here in the valley of socal. i think its impossible to drift the sharp 180 degreet turns. its almost impossible to turn them w/o getting in the other lane going 10 mph lol.

·
Registered
615 Posts
hey mario! I borrowed Initial D DVDs from my friend! :D I'm on stage 2 when he's racing against the Lan Evos hehe

For mountain run, I usually go to Mt. Baldy with my friends. It's a very short run. Only takes around 7-8 minutes(depends on which gear I'm in ;) ) I've been to Azusa canyon once but we had to turn back after 15 minutes of driving cuz one of my friend went off the road. I'm trying to go back there again some time soon.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
My favorite thing to do (and I just did it last w/e) is head up to the Poconos on a Friday night, stay at my grandparents vacation house, and then drive home early Saturday morning after grabbing some breakfast at the Effort Diner.

I'll be planning a rally from BCCC to Stroudsburg this summer. I hope all my PA peeps can attend.

-Jim

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Canyon run, mountain runs, same ish :) The Ortega highway is pretty kick back compared to a lto of the other roads out there, you can take most turns between 45-60mph and on the straightaways you can easily hit 100mph comming down. I was kinda iffy about my tires both times I went but still it was a lot of fun, after comming back last time my legs were even sore because I was so tense. Well whatever you guys do safety always comes first, I talked to some officers who was hanging outside of Denny's at the bottom of the mountain and they said that 2 weeks ago some guy with NOS died up there.

Speaking of Initial D, I only finished Stage 2 and it is a freaken awesome animation but I'm not trying to copy it because I'm still young and I don't want to hurt myself or my car. I have a little videoclip of some japanese drivers drifting up and down the mountain late at night and it looks amazing, hopefully one day I'll have the skills to do that.

·
Registered
330 Posts
BlazinWRX1 said:
I have a little videoclip of some japanese drivers drifting up and down the mountain late at night and it looks amazing, hopefully one day I'll have the skills to do that.
haha i have over 30, i got bored one day and d/led all of them off this one site

1 - 9 of 9 Posts