ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all! just a question to anyone out there with whiteline springs or any other spings. I have whiteline springs on my car and i love the ride. its not too stiff and i corner nicely. my problem lies within the wheel gap on the front tires. i dont have 2k to spend in coils so my option is to get springs that will drop me about .4 - .6 in the front from what im already lowered at.

can anyone suggest any solutions or any springs that give the same ride as whiteline but more of an aggresive drop in the front? maybe im just picky but you can be the judge and let me know what you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Meh, I think it looks good. Probably any lower and it will affect daily driveablity and and longevity of your struts. That is one of the lowest drops Ive seen from springs on a scooby. S-techs are low and so are perrins, but I cant gaurantee it would be much lower in the front than that pic.

-Griffin

BTW- How long have you had them on? If its only been a short period, you need to let them settle. They may even drop down a little more in the front once theyre broke in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool...ive had them about a week now but i drive everyday. im gonna be getting whiteline struts in a week or so also so i should be protecting the suspension. i hope! the ride is good i love how i can corner fwy interchanges tight and smooth. do you really think that they will settle? if so i think ill keep them and put money into my transmission instead. i dont want to blow 2nd gear!!! thanks for the info!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well mainly all my tranny mods are done from what i hear ppl doing from the club. RA gears and new clutch. something that wont destroy the tranny with the mods that i have. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I have the whiteline springs on my car, and yes, I have noticed that I have more of a gap in front than rear. I can slide 3 fingers in front, and 1 finger in the rear. Looks a little odd from a side view, and from the front, it looks like the front of the car is still too damn high..

Whiteline themselves commented a few years back that they designed the springs for handling, and not asthetics.. Perhaps that explains things...

I have coilovers on the way though to take care of this...

One perk I have noticed though is that I can still clear speedbumps without issue.. Not sure what it will be like after I drop the front another 3/4 of an inch.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohhh coilovers!!!

what kind and how much?
i was thinking of those but i hear that they can be expensive..although are they adjustable..yes?
i might fork in the cash for that but who knows...

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
frostednut said:
ohhh coilovers!!!

what kind and how much?
i was thinking of those but i hear that they can be expensive..although are they adjustable..yes?
i might fork in the cash for that but who knows...
I have some H&R coilovers on the way for the car. I don't have them in possession yet... in transit.

Yeh, they are kinda pricey comapred to springs, and go for around 1400. They are non adjustable though.. Not a concern for me, since these are purely for street driving. Add to this that they don't require rebuilding, and that sealed the deal. I just hope that they improve handling as much as everone makes them out to.

Ordinarily though, I probably wouldn't have picked up coilovers, but I did get a pretty good deal on these ones I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts