ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi eveyrone, wonder if you guys can help me out with this problem I been having and I already did some search.

I got into a car accident about 3 month ago, it was bad enough that I bent 2 of my valve. Metric Subaru fix the engine and now the car is running again. The car now run just fine, hit full boost with no problem but theres seem to be White smoke coming out of the turbo area when I frst start my car from cold. I let it idle untill the engine warm up and give it a gas next thing you know you see all these white puffs of smoke coming out of no where. It coming behind the intercooler and turbo area and also Exhaust.
When I drive theres no sign of smoke any where.

Took the intercooler off to check for leaks but no signe of leak any where. The only thing I notice is theres a lot amount of oil on the Manifold where Intercooler connect to the Engine.

Took back to Metric to get it check and they said the same thing No signe of leaks so they suggest its the turbo. I dont' want to spend money on turbo unless I know it for sure. Sorry for this long treath but just want your guys opinion on this.

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,003 Posts
Is your coolant level OK?

Do you see coolant residue anywhere? What about the water line to the turbo?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Coolant residue but I did notice that the Level is getting lower.
Water line to the turbo not sure where exactly that is. Also Metric already check out for small leak and no sign.

·
29,003 Posts
Follow the thin hose from the radiator cap platform to the turbo, and check it closely at both ends.

If the coolant level is dropping, you need to see where the coolant is going.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh I see im not sure but I think theres 3 line goes into the Turbo, 2 big one on the side and 1 small line on top. The small one is run from the bottom of the tubo I think, I can't see it where it start and the big one is running from the radiator resavoir (one next the cap) The other big line is down there I can't see it.

I can see that the small line and the top big one have white stuff on it but its dry, just by where it end and conect to the turbo. Do you think thats a leak, if so how can I fix this ?

·
29,003 Posts
That certainly sounds like a leak. It could be a problem with the hose itself, or the rings used to keep the hose onto the nipple. You might try looking closely to see what's really going on (use a light and a mirror if you have to) and then decide whether to use a screw-type clamp on the hose or replace the hose and clamps etc.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks DSGR you been very helpfull. I will look into it deeper but not sure exactly how im goin to use a clam on a metal tube that connect to the turbo. And thats the the white residue are right on the turbo along with those bolt of the 3 metal tube.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts