Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so this is my first turbo car and also my first manual. Im a beginner car guy basically. That aside, i own a 2009 Wrx Sedan. I bought it like 7 months ago, drove it for a month then a connecting rod broke. 6 months later i finally had the money and dropped like 6k for the new engine and all that. The engine currently has 670 miles on it. Well my problem is that after a cold start, I'll see white smoke coming out from the turbo area. I took it to the same guy that put the engine in (Higgins Automotive, a very prestigious Subaru shop in my area) and he told me that the previous guy had skoldered a piece of the turbo on incorrectly and it was leaking oil. The turbo is new, put on by the previous guy. Sorry if I'm saying things wrong btw, like i said, im new to all of this. My guy reskoldered it and said it was good to go. "Runs like a champ" he said. Well every now and then after a cold start it'll do it again. Is it the excess oil that had already dripped down that burning off? If so why does it stop soon after?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts