ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost posted with the title "Which WRX is best..." but that may not be all that great of any idea.

In the next week I'll be hunting for a WRX wagon (manual of course) and with the limited supply I need to know if there are any problem years.
I'm looking for newer than '02, prefer an '05.

Also, I noticed there's a lot of Subie salvage titles. If the battery panel is cracked, for instance, is that a red flag?
If I buy it I'm going to treat it like a princess.

Anyways, just here introducing myself. So, hello from Central California.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Welcome :)

'06+ would be better due to the 2.5L engine, if you can afford one.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Getting a salvage title WRX is only worthwhile if you are the one doing the actual salvaging yourself. In all other cases stay far away.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Getting a salvage title WRX is only worthwhile if you are the one doing the actual salvaging yourself. In all other cases stay far away.
+1

Salvage titles are generally a bad idea for any car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh. Yikes.

+1

Salvage titles are generally a bad idea for any car.
Absolutely what I'm thinking.
But at the same time my buddy owns a Subie Specialty shop and agreed to do a full maintenance check on the WRX.

The guy said the salvage title came from a cracked battery panel so he replaced the fender, bumper and hood.
Wtf does that mean?! Did he not check out other stuff in the engine compartment that may have been damaged?

Also, yeah the 06+ is a bit out of my range. 05 is the limit for me at this time in my life.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,217 Posts
The guy said the salvage title came from a cracked battery panel so he replaced the fender, bumper and hood.
Wtf does that mean?!
When you see any Impreza, look at the battery and try to visualize how a crack in the battery panel (note I don't know what this is...) would necessitate replacement of the fender, bumper, and hood. I think this will tell you all you need to know.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
When you see any Impreza, look at the battery and try to visualize how a crack in the battery panel (note I don't know what this is...) would necessitate replacement of the fender, bumper, and hood. I think this will tell you all you need to know.
The image that comes to mind....

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,217 Posts
That's an amazing image, great post!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hahaha
Noted and I appreciate all the help.

Good bye Salvage, Helllooooooo dealer. Let's haggle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HEYOOO!!!!! Just bought a WR Blue '05 WRX.
Only thing aftermarket is a ludicrous exhaust. Also, anyone have good suggestions for diff. headlights?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts