ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to build a wrx that has around 320 whp. ive seen that both the PE 1818 and the 1820 turbos are capable of reaching that horsepower level. my question is, which should i buy? the 1818 that has less lag but from what im getting from the sales ad, 320 whp is almost its max. or go for the 1820 which has more lag but can reach 320 whp more easily?

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you want 320whp easy, make sure you dyno your car on a dynojet or dynopak. Don't dyno your ride on a dyno dynamics for it will be hard enough to break into the 300 level without the ad of race gas.

I'd say 1820 out of the two, the lag is minimal between the two. Or better yet a 20g. That should work.

Clarence

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
are you planning on running pump gas all the time, or is running race gas a viable option for you? this an everyday car or drag only?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i want this to be a daily driver. i was thinking of having a few maps on the utec. one with low boost levels for everyday driving, one with a really high boost (this would be the 320 whp map for the occasional race), and a map that would be somewhere in between for when i want to drive "spiritly" 93 octane is what ill be using all the time. btw, besides the parts that actually get me to that power level, are there any parts out there that can make it so that the car is more reliable/safe to drive? i was thinking of upgrading the block to the cobb 2.0L here and getting an STi 6 speed tranny. i know they're expensive as hell but it makes me feel more secure and besides, i have other person helping me with the costs :wiggles:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts