ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like a little more power in my 09 hatch. I am not trying to go nuts with this thing, I just want a solid daily diver.
I am going to do the COBB AP and a turboback exhaust.

I want something close to stock as far as the sound goes, I also want a 1 exit, not dual exit.

- Which turboback exhaust do you suggest? I am looking at the COBB but the price is insane. Is there anything under 1600?

- Would you suggest a TMIC or is the stock IC fine for a Stage II upgrade?

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
just go with a down pipe and a pro tune with stock cat backs. $$$ cheaper

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
+2 .. just get the ap and a downpipe and use the factory cat-back or find a used SPT cat-back (what I did.. its quiet and goes like hell.. perfect for a daily driver)

Run the ots stgII map to get the car to the tuner and have them build you a conservative daily driver map. Make sure you make it known you want driveability over max power.. the map changes ARE different between the two goals.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
On a base map like Cobb, an upgraded TMIC would be a waste. When you decide to get custom mapping, then consider it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have a 2010 wrx stage 2 with a cobb ap with an invidia tb exhaust. i love my exhaust. its not too loud but it has a very nice boxer rumble to it. i have a invidia dp and an invidia Q300 catback. i highly recommend both. the catback is around 650$ and the dp is about $190. it goes great with a cobb ap stage 2 tune. and the stock intercooler is fine, you dont need to upgrade

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
I want to know where someone gets a invidia catted dp NEW for $190.. or even a non-catted NEW dp for $190 ..

I def recommend the invidia dp though.. very nice part, I've been very happy with my catted unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts