ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

just after a few opinions...which is a better car to go for.... a slightly modified MY05 STI - or a higher modified MY06 STI?

The price difference between the two is about $5,000 ... kms are about the same. The MY06 has been rebuilt with forged pistons.

Any opinions and views in comparison between the two would be highly appreciated

Cheers

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Without a complete mod list, of those cars, I'd go with the '05

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The 05 has TBE, fuel pump, ECUTEC tune.

THe 06 has a list of mods including rebuilt engine, injectors, CAI, fuel pump, forged pistons and conrods, HTA turbo, race bearings, "hybrid" clutch, complete whiteline suspension upgrade.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
So are we talking receipts with mod list and actual good parts or just a list of junk?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a mod list... apparently receipts are available. From the looks of it, the 06 has a list of quality parts.

05 doesnt have too many mods... which im starting to think may be a good thing... but pls correct me if im wrong

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
if the 06 has a mod list that's full of quality parts, and you have a subaru performance shop check it out, and they give the go-ahead... then that 06 sounds like it could be a bad ass ride.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
2000_rex said:
why is it that some prefer the 05? (aside from shape and looks)
Less modifications, in theory, should be a less headache vehicle.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
Have you seen and driven both cars? It's all kind of wild conjecture without first-hand experience, IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts