ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to replace the inner and outer tie rods on my 2003 wrx. I think I'm going to replace the ball joints while i'm at it. Any advice on which manufacturer to go with? should I just go with subaru, or is there a better aftermarket option?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Subaru OEM (www.subarugenuineparts.com), Moog is a pretty good aftermarket/budget replacement. www.rockauto.com[/url] has them. I have heard good things about Three Five Ball joints as well.

However, i f your car is lowered or will be soon a Whiteline RCA Kit is a great mod. The kit comes with new ball joints and modified tie rods that put a lowered WRXs back at their normal roll center and it eliminates most of the bumpsteer issues.

Its a great mod and I did it when I needed to replace mine and really helps out the ride (my car is lowerd about 1" w/Swift Sports and KYB-GR2s).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about lowering it. I'm rarely on the track, I just like to drive fast on the empty back roads here in Santa Fe, so lowering might be fun. How about inner tie rods, should I just stick with subaru? From the looking around i've done, I dont see much difference on the inners between any brand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts