ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2011 WRX and at this point in time I still have a few oil changes left on my military plan.
I’m going to do the changes myself from now on and just wondering which oil is best for my car.
The brands I’m considering are Amsoil and Royal Purple.
Any help would be great.
It’s a daily driver I don’t put a lot of miles per day only about 12 round trip to and from work.

I’ve tried to research this myself but nothing beats the feedback from the people that use the product in the vehicle I have.

:confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
oils are like the "chevy-dodge" comparisson every one likes the one they use ..all the current oils that are rated for your classification are going to be good oils...just some have opinions that are theres and not everyones...just buy what you are comfortable with and dont worry...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, plenty of posts here and other forums - you can geek out an oil as much as anything else on these cars. Once you start doing regular oil analysis you are "tuning" your engine oil :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Haven't actually done my first oil change but I just bought subaru's brand of synthetic & oil filter.. I guess I'll find out soon how good it is? I'm fairly sure it's supposed to be OEM oil & oil filter..

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I use only purified whale oil in all of my vehicles.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
kritzell said:
Any opinions on the Subaru synthetic that comes in the 11 WRX?
The only opinions that really matter are those who provide UOA results.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
is rotella t6 still recommended on a stock 2011 wrx. don't plan on modding it. just my daily driver. Or will any 5w-30 do?
Follow the specifications stated explicitly in the owner's manual and keep all dated receipts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd recommend Royal Purple, I've been using it in my '04 Legacy for over a 140k miles. It was recommended to me by the Subaru Service Manager, and since he's a family member, and I only pay about $17 for an oil change there, I'm fairly sure he's not just trying to hock me stuff. Just my own $.02

·
Registered
750 Posts
Pennzoil Ultra 5W30 SN seems to be working out really well in my car. Maybe it's something you'd consider. I would also only use the OEM oil filter.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts