ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like the title says, need a good, preferrably on the cheap side, boost gauge, but would like it to be, well, um, ACCURATE. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Autometer Phantom 52mm- 30Vac/30PSI model - I love mine and it's easy to install. Works awesome, and comes with a green bulb cover which matches your interior lighting - should run you between 50-70 bucks - RMackay82 (Rich) has the factory one - it came with his car but the guy who had the car before him said it was ridiculously expensive - if you have 200 bucks then don't waste it on the factory boost gauge...it's a nice gauge but it doesn't even read PSI

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Danbob said:
Autometer Phantom 52mm- 30Vac/30PSI model - I love mine and it's easy to install. Works awesome, and comes with a green bulb cover which matches your interior lighting - should run you between 50-70 bucks - RMackay82 (Rich) has the factory one - it came with his car but the guy who had the car before him said it was ridiculously expensive - if you have 200 bucks then don't waste it on the factory boost gauge...it's a nice gauge but it doesn't even read PSI

think I am going to go that route, all I need is the mounting cup and the gauge right? or does it come with a mounting bracket?

and does it come with a T for the hose or do I have to make one?

and what power source did you tap, clock, or elsewhere?

Thanks for the recommendation :)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Had an autometer and hated it. Always readin a few pounds off and eventually the needle fell off.

Went with FAZE from advance auto. Been very happy with it. I have a stock boost controller and the gauge reads right at 13.5 in 4th which is right where it should be. only 60 bucks too.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i'm runnin the Omoris 52mm with adjustable backlighting. It can match the color of your dash and when you want to bling turn up the blue. Pretty accurate as at wot at 4th and 5th it reads 14.5 on the dot. Only other one I'd buy are the Defi's but they cost way more!

·
Thinking Man's Engine
3,013 Posts
I have the VDO Vision...but word of caution...when you're hard on the go pedal and really boosting....the gauge buzzes a little

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
but buzzing a little doesn't hurt anything right? I want to get this gauge in tomorrow if at all possible but I don't know if they carry VDO locally, and would somewhere locally sell a kit for the vacuum tubing or is it just the 1/8x1/4x1/8 T and some nylon tubing? Thanks for the help guys hope to have a boost gauge by tomorrow night

also, just wated to make sure i have the steps down

1.disconnect battery
2.pull off bottom of dash
3.cut vacuum hose running to stock BPV and insert T
4.Run T gauge through into the area where gauge is going
5.Ground the gauge wire to a good bolt on a metal surface
6.Tap into power, can you guys give me a recommendation on this?
7.Finish up placing gauge
8.Reconnect battery
9. GO MAKE BOOST :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts