ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna get a tune... but i don't really know much about it... just looking for something reliable , good for my car, and cost effective

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Either will suit your needs, just a matter of what you prefer. A used AP will save you some money and is very user friendly but, because it's designed to be used over a wide range of cars, is conservative and leaves some power on the table. A quality opensource tune is going to give you better numbers, but requires a good bit of knowledge to tune and should should be done by someone with experience.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
There is no "right" answer. What does the shop you're having tune your car use? They're both reflash mediums, so they'll give similar tunes assuming the tuner is competent in both. The AP offers some nifty "features" that some may find useful, OpenECU does as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm not sure. im still trying to find a good shop in my area.... i deff need something user friendly though. not to good with electronics. i hate wires lol.... its ok if i dont get every last bit of power out of my car. i just want something i know how to use and can understand, and want to be able to put a dp on my car. i hear alot of good things about the cobb ap.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
hmm not sure. im still trying to find a good shop in my area.... i deff need something user friendly though. not to good with electronics. i hate wires lol.... its ok if i dont get every last bit of power out of my car. i just want something i know how to use and can understand, and want to be able to put a dp on my car. i hear alot of good things about the cobb ap.
If you want to do it yourself and don't have a recommended tuner you trust, the AP is a great way to go. I had one for a while and it worked flawlessly, until I got with a tuner, then I sold it without thinking twice. Now I'm looking to learn to tune myself, so I'll buy a tatrix cable, download the software, play around until I blow something up, and call my tuner again! ;)

·
Sammich Makin' Pwincess
13,124 Posts
for me personally, i find the accessport to be easier because i am CLUELESS when it comes to laptop/tatrixcable/doing my own thing. i'm sure i can learn but havent really had any desire to put in the effort right now

my plans are to eventually sell my accessport & have someone in the area tune it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts