ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking to buy a new downpipe for my 03, anyway which is better a divorced wastegate or just a wide mouth? thanks.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Do a search. There is a ton of info on both divorced and bellmouth downpipe. Mostly as you read you will find out it depends on your needs/wants and personal prefrance

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
I would just do a bell mouth and be done.Some of the divorced have fittament issues.Some people actully have a problem with the wastegate getting stuck or not being able to open properly do to certian divorced designs.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I would just do a bell mouth and be done.Some of the divorced have fittament issues.Some people actully have a problem with the wastegate getting stuck or not being able to open properly do to certian divorced designs.
+1, get a bellmouth:thumbup

·
Registered
45 Posts
d/p

forget both ! yes thats what i said check out one of the tapered downpipes i have seen and purchased the obx 4" d/p off e-bay for a lil over 100$. i know turboxs makes one as well but its just a bit more expensive. both require mod or aftermarket exhaust but well worth it.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
forget both ! yes thats what i said check out one of the tapered downpipes i have seen and purchased the obx 4" d/p off e-bay for a lil over 100$. i know turboxs makes one as well but its just a bit more expensive. both require mod or aftermarket exhaust but well worth it.
No need for a 4" DP unless you are pushing over 600hp.If not it actually going to hurt performance than help it.To big an exhaust and the gases lose velocity.

·
Registered
0 Posts
bellmouth ftw

·
Registered
45 Posts
No need for a 4" DP unless you are pushing over 600hp.If not it actually going to hurt performance than help it.To big an exhaust and the gases lose velocity.
yup that explains cut outs on street cars! and people under "600hp" running open down pipe at the track. i guess you have your opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts