Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured since I have gotten so much info from my other posts, I might as well get your opinions on this one too.
I have been going back and forth on which exhaust system to go with. I need something that is not loud, but has a deep sound to it. But also something that delivers more power. Oh...and it's gotta have dual tips. I was looking at the M2 dual tip turboback and the MRT dual tip turboback. But then I saw this TurboXS stealth kit. I like the idea but what does it sound like compared to stock or the M2? If I got the TurboXS Stealth...which muffler would you suggest while still having dual tips....other than the Stromung?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
exhaust

The Turbo XS stealth exhaust is a good way to go simply because it frees up much of the systems and allows for the most user modification. The axel back is arguably the most personalized part of an exhaust system. It is the only part people see, and it contributes to the sound of the system more than anything else.

When all you are shopping for is an axel back you can stop worrying about a lot of the fitment issues that you hear a lot of people worrying about. For example.... joining a aftermarket catback like the Tanabe Hyper Medallion to the TXS downpipe.

Its a really good alternative to just use the TXS components to free up the system all the way back to the axel and then find yourself an axel back from Blitz, TXS, Stromung, ect. that fits your needs for sound and style.

However these is an opposite side to the coin. Pure exhaust flow perfectionist will tell you that the fewer joints you have in your system the better. In which case a Cat back to a downpipe eliminates much of the complication.

Can't ever have it all can ya? Just my .02c

Garret

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Again, you guys come through. I was thinking of the dual tip M2. I heard it on their website. Deep and not too loud. And yes, I did want to go with the sleeper look. The only thing that I'm gonna do to the outside is the OEM body kit and throw coilovers on it to give it a better stance. Other than that it will be stock. My last car I went for all show and no go. Plus, I like the stock look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey fellas, kind of the same question here. I am trying to decide for myself, I want a turbo back, but I don't want to get a headache while driving. I really like the way the Scooby sport sounds, but how loud is it in the car? Also, what does the turbo xs stealth sound like in and out of the car? One more thing, does the stealth get as much performance gain (cause of stock muffler) as other turbo backs. Thanks for the help guys, my wife is getting really pissed with me changing my mind constantly.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
holleranwrx said:
Hey fellas, kind of the same question here. I am trying to decide for myself, I want a turbo back, but I don't want to get a headache while driving. I really like the way the Scooby sport sounds, but how loud is it in the car? Also, what does the turbo xs stealth sound like in and out of the car? One more thing, does the stealth get as much performance gain (cause of stock muffler) as other turbo backs. Thanks for the help guys, my wife is getting really pissed with me changing my mind constantly.
MRT is quiet but agressive... and performance is really good also. Only downside is $1200 for a turbo back.

Scooby Sport is loud compared to the prodrive and a TurboXS stealth with stock muffler. (which are both very quiet)

You can get the full turboXS system, which is still very quiet and costs about $1000.

I personally want MRT, but the cost is really the main concern.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Heard that the mrt was nice, and quite spendy. How does performance compare with the stealth back at $700 to the mrt @ $1200?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
holleranwrx said:
Heard that the mrt was nice, and quite spendy. How does performance compare with the stealth back at $700 to the mrt @ $1200?
probably the MRT makes more power cuz you get a rear muffler also... turboXS stealth doesnt, but you can get the full system for about $1000, like i said.

both are very good, both run 1 cat... MRT claims to pass smog with theirs... dunno about TurboXS. both have very good quality and design. just comes down to what you like better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
iON/Brullen system

Ok guys, I copied some pics & info from a thread iON Performance had on the i-Club.

Our cat-backs connect @ the cat w/ the largest connection possible - 2.5". It's only 2.5" for less than 1" in length before everything is brought to 3". Nothing after that 1" connection after the flange is less than 3" in diameter.

In terms of flow characteristics, since the 2.5" is only for 1" @ the connection to the cat, it basically "extends" the gas travel through 2.5" piping by 1" to the end of the last cat. All other cat-back systems out there have their cat flange, and b-pipe flange tapered to 2.5", which basically gives you the flow volume of a 2.5" rather than a 3".

If you want to have a full 3" system and nothing less, check out our turbo-backs (street or race spec). Our down-pipe is a 4" bell-mouth design, which tapers to 3" and is 3" all the way out to the end of the tips. Our cat on the street spec is a hi-flow cat, which can be replaced with an optional track pipe so that you can go catless on the track, and make your car eco-friendly on the street.

Things that are different to other turbo-backs are:
1) You can choose your own acoustic preference (quiet/medium/loud)
2) You can choose your tip style (Dual 3", Dual 3.5", Single 3.5" and Single 4")
3) Lifetime warranty against manufacture's defects
4) Beefy 16 gauge T304SS construction
5) Optional 1700F+ ceramic coating on the down-pipe
6) No CEL's to be reported as a result of our systems

For more info, please Email
iON's email is [email protected]

Single 4" tip

Dual 3" tips

MPEG movie of Dual 3" tip w/ quiet acoustic preference HERE

Dual 3.5" tips

1 - 14 of 14 Posts