ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is time to change my oil on my 2011 WRX and was wondering what brand oil do you use. Seems like the mobile 1 has good deals going on but there are mixed opinions on different sites. Any help would be appreciated, these are just a few of the brands i know of

Mobile 1
Royal Purple
Pennzoil

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
Mobile is in Alabama.

Opinions, mixed or not, are worthless. Data matter. Look for used oil analyses if you're interested in oil performance.

I shop based on price and generally use Mobil or Shell synthetics. Both have generated excellent data. See Bob Is The Oil Guy's site to search for data if you're interested.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Based on data and research I've done I used German Castrol. Arguably one of the best over the shelf synthetic oils sold and it's a true ester based synthetic.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
I have been using Mobil 1, but lately my dad found a great deal on NAPA full synthetic oil

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
NAPA is a nice store. I generally don't hesitate to shop from there if I need something. Their filters test well too from what I've seen. Everything is of course outsourced and rebranded, so it's usually top shelf stuff from a known manufacturer that's got a new Napa label. Good idea.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
NAPA is a nice store. I generally don't hesitate to shop from there if I need something. Their filters test well too from what I've seen. Everything is of course outsourced and rebranded, so it's usually top shelf stuff from a known manufacturer that's got a new Napa label. Good idea.
hey he got 12 quarts of full synthetic oil for 40 bucks. you cant beat that price

1 - 9 of 9 Posts