Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting a BOV but i"M not sure which one I want. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
178 Posts
i would go with the stratmosphere. when i upgrade my boost, i'll be slapping one of those. they have atmosphere and recirc ones.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have the Forge which Jorge mentioned earlier. It's made by Forge Motorsport UK and sold by Stratmosphere.

Good fit and the fine folks at Forge sent me a new spring when this one started fluttering.

·
Registered
36 Posts
BOV

I have the Go Fast Bits Hybrid BOV from MRT and I love it. Awesome sound, and a perfect fit. I have mine on 100% vent and it sounds mean. Definfitely worth the money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I change it all the time, but as of today, and probably for a while, I have it to full vent. Sounds so much better. Very aggressive. Matt

G

·
bov's

I have the Turbo Smart direct fit to the intercooler. I like it a lot. It is an Austrailan product and it is built very well. It is adjustiable and sounds great. You can almost tune it perfect by sound. I got it from ISR or autocaresubaru.com ask for wrxgirl one of our club members to hook you up. I think it cost between 150-175 american dollars.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the Go Fast Bits from Dan at VividRacing.com...awesome sound, and product. Very well made. Also comes with the ability to change it into 2 configurations.:D

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the APS/Cobb Tuning, which I love because its very quiet. Im a fan of avoiding attention - so its perfect for me.

Joe

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'm with NJSubietech. I have the APS BOV as well. It's adjustable from really quiet to mildly loud. I also believe it's the best performing BOV made for the WRX. Nothing but the best for my baby!

-Jim

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
So what makes one BOV better than another? I'm new to all of this, so thought I would ask.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
ignore this, I'll start a new post since this one is kinda old...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have GFB BOV and............ I dont quite like it. I hate especially when you are not on full throttle it would have a stuterring sound as if it does not vent properly. I cannot argue with the sound when its on full boost. But I am planning to upgrade to Blitz DD or HKS SS, just need to do a custom job .

Well, my first impression of the GFB was "wow, nice," until I heard my friend's Blitz DD............. just pure difference.
Give and take I suppose, GFB was a lot cheaper for me

·
Registered
34 Posts
God, I would love you to refer me to a site or a shop in Southern Cali. that would sell me this Bolt on BOV.

How much is it?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts