ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find our other rear tow hook. Where's the second one on the back located?

As far as the front goes, I noticed something weird, we have 2 front tow hooks which are connected to the subframe/underbody of the car and yet there is also a screw-in tow hook that you can install in the middle of the bumper...what's with all that?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
rally history brah....need lows of tow spots!!!! I love it..especially that front tow hook its hella strong...there is one in the back i believe on the right side but its pretty weak looking!

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay so where the second one in back?

thanks to aaron for writing back

·
Registered
907 Posts
Its those black things...pink in some cases tha go from you rear wheels to the missle of your car.

NO JK!! Never let a tow truck driver attack a cable to your latteral links!! it will bend them! I have seen it done!!

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mmmmm bump, so i know about the rear gray one, but wheres rear hook #2???

·
Registered
878 Posts
exactly you only have one in the back, and thats all you need, even though you think you need two, you only need one, the car will still go straight if you pull on it even though it may seem that it will go sideways

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rallymaniac said:
according to your manual, Subaru has only 2 official hooks. One is teh screw on in the bumper in front, and another is in the below the bumper on the right side.
ah, thank you most pedantic rallymaniac. i was driven crazy trying to find a second tow hook on the rear; it felt very unsettling thinking there was only one that i could find.

can the two hook-like protuberances on the front subframe be used to tow the vehicle?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Stock Front Bumper Tow Hook

I needed to use my front bumper tow hook for the first time... Upon removing the small cover to install the tow hook. I discovered there is no hole in which to thread the tow hook to..? I'm I missing something? Did Subaru rip me off?

I'm the original owner and have had zero accidents. My car is an '07 WRX sedan if that matters.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts