ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking about getting a 2004 WRX, it looks like it has somethings done to it already im not sure what yet i havent gone and see it yet (i will tomorrow) but i was wondering if i do end up getting one where is a good place to start with the mods?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
researching this forum before buying anything for the car besides premium fuel.. unless you dont buy it because it is modified which is a better idea.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,466 Posts
Best to find one that's stock and keep it that way. If you insist otherwise see the link in my signature.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Buying a car with mods can be a nightmare. You never know the quality of the work, 80% of the time its sub par. There may also be all sorts of hidden issues. I bought a project once from a car club buddy... never again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i understand where you guys are coming from but i honestly just need a new car the one i have now is really just not holding up, and this one is on a dealership so i should get some kind of warranty and since i live in utah the subaru should do be justice i plan on redoing the work to it

sd_GR - thank you that link really helped me out i appreciate it, i figured ill get a new uppipe for the car once I get that and switch it out quick, the only question is what brand, im thinking invidia?

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
yeah i understand where you guys are coming from but i honestly just need a new car the one i have now is really just not holding up, and this one is on a dealership so i should get some kind of warranty and since i live in utah the subaru should do be justice i plan on redoing the work to it
Some dealerships will give you a brief warranty, for example a really good used dealership near me will give you 6 months/6000 miles. They specialize in used cars however. Typically though, on a used car, if you want a long term warranty you have to purchase a third party one, which will tack on another significant chunk of money to your purchase. Correct me if I'm wrong everybody, but I wouldn't count on getting any extra warranty just because it's from a dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts