ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my tags and I need to find a place to put the plate instead of drilling into the car. Really would prefer not to do that.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my trunk.. under where the spare tire goes.
yes, done that on my old Evo and on my Z too actually. I need to put it somewhere though... cops are already looking hard at me because there are no other WRX's like mine on the road ANYWHERE local to me. Wish there were... but no unfortunately not.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Yeah.. I've got a lot of hard looks throughout the years. Although in the last ten years I've only been stopped for no front plate three times and each time I only got a warning. They mainly use it as an excuse to stop people to check for drunk driving.

They changed the law in Texas to make it where placing it in your front window doesn't count, it has to be mounted on your bumper.. of course they recently changed part of the vehicle registration law and in the process accidentally omitted the part that requires you to have plates at all, lol.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Sinister has one......maybe if we all concentrate hard enough, he will appear and give us some input

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
^^Someone please buy this and review it, I've been eyeing that for a while. :D (Oregon requires front plates, and they're sticklers for it, at least in my area).

I have it. It's nice.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I have never understood this.. Sure if you have no holes in your oem bumper dont put it on, if you have a front mount intercooler, I understand dont put it on.. More than likely you have holes put the ****in thing on your bumper.. There is an ugly spot in the bumper for it anyway.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mine has like squares where the mounting holes are supposed to be... aren't there like plastic clips or something that go there?

·
Registered
280 Posts
mine has like squares where the mounting holes are supposed to be... aren't there like plastic clips or something that go there?
I was confused about this as well when I bought the car. I was told the squares on that bumper are for longer (European style) license plates. There are also two dimples that are closer in where you're supposed to drill the plate into.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
I have never understood this.. Sure if you have no holes in your oem bumper dont put it on, if you have a front mount intercooler, I understand dont put it on.. More than likely you have holes put the ****in thing on your bumper.. There is an ugly spot in the bumper for it anyway.
+1

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
On the front of my car, darn NJ :mad:

·
Registered
361 Posts
^^Someone please buy this and review it, I've been eyeing that for a while. :D (Oregon requires front plates, and they're sticklers for it, at least in my area).
i have had the grimmspeed kit since it came out. fits perfectly super easy to install and there are a ton of adjustments to angle it however u want. looks much better than the stock plate location just sitting smack in the center. i'll give it a 9/10 just because it could have been a little less money

1 - 19 of 19 Posts