ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.stratvision.com/chris/monster.jpg

check out the pic and go down till you see the deck lid...where did he get it.??? I know that is the zero sport kit but I just want to know about the trunk lid....also what would the weight dif be on that. I know that the hood is aluminum but what about the trunk is it aluminum too..??

thanks.:eek:

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
Ahhh yes I saw this on the Club Si forum. I'm pretty sure it's carbon fiber and not aluminum though...

In any case, I have no idea where he got it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
is that license plate real. i was in milpitas CA and i saw a silver rex with bronze te37s, and the sti seats. this car doesnt have the te37s anymore. this was like 6 months ago.

the guy that was driving it was an ass, but it wasnt his car, he was baroing it from his friend(the owner). i was trying to talk to him about it and he just turned his back got in the car and drove away i was standen there like wtf...

anyways at the time the car looked sweet, it looked stock(just lowered and bronze te37s the way i like it) , im not really into those huge body kits and gt wings, not my style.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I believe the hood + trunk lid + spoiler are for sale over at I-club.com

Personally, I love the Zero sports kit that he has. It looks clean and it is also functional(wind-tunnel tested). I think it looks far less outrageous than the C-West lip. but it costs over $3500 for the full kit... unpainted. :eek: I'll probably skip the CF hood and trunk lid.. and for spoiler, I would go with STi CF spoiler.. if I can ever afford it($1600) Well, looks are the last thing I'm concerned. That's a sweet ass car though Give him mad props...

·
Registered
290 Posts
That is Imprezer's car.... the creator of I-club......

Alex is his name.....

He had put on a cf trunk and hood for an auto show or something.....

If you go to i-club, you can probably find all the other pics of his car somewhere.....

He probably gets some pretty decent deals from mfg's I would imagine...

Edit: nevermind, that link above goes right to his for sale post... you'll see that he is member #1

·
Registered
820 Posts
Well, you know what they say about opinions...and since you didn't ask for mine, I feel obligated to give it to you :p

That car is BFU! A stock car looks 100X better IMNSHO. The only thing on that car that impresses me in the least is the roll cage. Now if you tell me it's not even functional.......

Is it the prototype for the new digimon or something??

VV

·
Registered
15 Posts
yep, thats imprezer's car

both the hood and the trunk are carbon fiber and are not made by zerosports. they're made by a japanese company called monster sport. the spoiler is made by cusco. iirc, he got them new for about a grand a piece and i believe he can still get them if you want them enough. his own personal set is up for sell currently on i-club. each carbon fiber piece runs for $700 and the wing is going for $500.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
eh

i have made my opinion clear on the CF hoods and other stuff.

it looks like a 89 civic that got into an accident, and got a door or hood from the juk yard.

our aluminum hoods are already very functionally light.

too ricey. weak imo.

dR

·
Registered
330 Posts
oh c'mon dark_rex...you gotta get used to the JDM flava....haha its all good though i respect your opinion along w/ everyoen elses

BTW: what does BFU and IMNSHO mean?

·
Registered
820 Posts
BFU = Butt f u c k i n g ugly
IMNSHO = in my not so humble opinion

Hope that clears some things up :D

VV

mario said:
oh c'mon dark_rex...you gotta get used to the JDM flava....haha its all good though i respect your opinion along w/ everyoen elses

BTW: what does BFU and IMNSHO mean?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I Like the hood a lot, but I don't care for the rest. The only reason I even like the hood really is b/c it offers a color break.

Hmmm...My car is PSM...:D

·
Registered
145 Posts
hood would look sweet on my black wagon. rest of the car is too rice and should be ticketed by ricecops:)

·
Registered
330 Posts
i dont see how you call that rice? theres a difference between rice and cars w/ body kits. thats jdm style. i hate it how some people use the term "rice" so loosely and consider any car w/ a body kit ricey. i am soo against ricey cars but to me for a car to be ricey must fall under a certain criteria. i dunno it seems like i can point out whats rice and whats not. i cant just name stuff thats rice.

if you guys look at some cars from japan they look like that and they are definitely not rice. that car is really clean. ive seen numerous cars on this board that with cosmetic mods not even close to that car that are ricier

it seems like a lot of peple here are old, old enough to be my fathers. people have to understand how trends and styles change. you have to be in with the new, out with the old

·
Registered
145 Posts
why I call it rice is because of that double decker wing setup(really what is the purpose) and the different color hood(even though it is CF)it is still typical of a rice out car. To see our great WRX going the way of the Hondas and Acuras is just upsetting. I do understand differences between taste and I do understand people opinions vary. It really has nothing to do with age. I believe anyone who has interest in the automobile industry knows what looks good or not. I like more original cars who try different things. What I hate is having a line up of cars that everyone has done the exact thing to.

·
Registered
330 Posts
yes thats true. but just as there are different styles of clothes there are different styles of cars. but i dont think having a black carbon fiber hood is ricey, but thats what i think. i think its more ricey to have carbon fiber hoods with colored stiches cuz thats just for the look factor which is rice.

for the wing someone said that it was tested and proved to be functional, yes some wings are ricey when they have no purpose, like for front wheel drive cars. but our WRX's do need help w/ the aerodynamics but i highly doubt the majority of us are going to be going that fast that often to need the help with the aerodynamics, but ya whatever floats your boat.

and about originality, originality can only take one so far because what is original at a certain time will be come typical later. just like the JDM style, it was original to be JDM at a time, but now JDM is getting more popular than the show, body kit style. JDM is becoming a show style it even has its own show category. but how original can someone make their cars now-a-days? almost every exterior mod someone has done someone else has. thats why cars are getting more, and more fancy and more and more showy to get the attention of something different. thats what i tihnk original is

but i just dont like how people can use the term "rice" loosely, i know i sid that before. dont you think a stock looking car w/ a million stickers of their mods is more ricey than having a cool looking car w/ all the same mods as the latter w/o the stickers? whats the point of advertising your mods on the street?

oh and my car is stock lol. i like the clean stock look of cars, but i would put a body kit on it if i had the money. but what's a body kit? only something to attract attention that sometimes may not be good. so if i put a body kit on my car, i guess my car will be rice

1 - 20 of 36 Posts