ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
#1 Why would someone do that to a 7 series BMW?
#2 That can't be street legal lol.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
completely joking...for several reasons

any thoughts on how it is done? I know they aren't actually glow in the dark. If you pause at 23 seconds, it looks like its the disc and caliper that are lit up, behind the rim

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
You guys are looking at this all wrong, this guy clearly just had a hover conversion done, and is about to take off. Obviously.

:D

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Ah, so not an aftermarket thing. Bummer. I have the 3M film along my door edges, which does help, but isn't perfect.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Those door edge protectors are a pretty dumb thing to add to your car. Generally car enthusiasts (i.e. all of us on this site) are careful when opening our doors. It's the other people you need to worry about opening their doors into you. Now if every other person in the world had those on their cars it would make parking a lot easier instead of always having to find a big space or one that's out on the other edge of the moon so you can stay away from other cars.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those door edge protectors are a pretty dumb thing to add to your car. Generally car enthusiasts (i.e. all of us on this site) are careful when opening our doors. It's the other people you need to worry about opening their doors into you. Now if every other person in the world had those on their cars it would make parking a lot easier instead of always having to find a big space or one that's out on the other edge of the moon so you can stay away from other cars.
Very true...a question along the same lines. So the body side molding is there to take the hits correct? So when i get fed up with all the nicks, dents, and grooves in my body side molding, do I go to the dealer and get them replaced? repainted? aftermarket? suffer?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Search west coast customs for the Tron car they built. They used a clear center and made a ring just smaller then the wheel and lined it with LEDs and attached it to the backing plate of the brakes. If I remember they cost like $20,000. No thanks

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
#1 Why would someone do that to a 7 series BMW?
It was already at least a front end replacement, if you notice the entire front end is white, no masking off of the normally stock flat black...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts