Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking to purchase matte black hood decals for my WRX STI (I know this isn't for everyone). I want it on both sides of the hood. Attached is a picture of where I want to put it.

I've done a search online with no luck. Any recommendations?

I guess another option is to use peel-able paint.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
go to a shop that does clear bras and they should be able to easily do it. Most have gloss and flat black wrap along with the clear stuff.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
I used to buy rolls of vinyl (same stuff 'wrap' shops use) and take it to the local "fab-lab" (at our community college) who had a large roll vinyl cutter. I made my own designs in a drawing program the lab had on the computers connected to the vinyl cutter. These "fab-labs" are free and open to anyone. just an idea......

·
Registered
561 Posts
I suspect most any reputable sign shop in any town or city would be able to make custom vinyl wrap of whatever design you so choose . . .

My work van has all kinds of vinyl wraps with Sparky the FireDog, cartoon looking smoke detectors, dalmatians . . . everything but a "Free Candy Inside Van" and a "Help Me Find My Lost Puppy" sign on the van. :) So far the vinyl wrap/stickers have held up quite well . . . and the price to wrap the van was pretty affordable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts