Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Don Jacobs has moved a few, so where are they? I never see 'em around, and they don't seem to be on any of the forums. Are you guys seein' em at autox? i was a valet for a long time downtown, and never saw one (there aren't many cars that I have not driven), strange....

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think I saw one this morning pulling into the physician's parking area, but it was a ways away, so I'm not sure. Could've been a WRX with all the options to make it look like one from a distance (wing, wheels...)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there, I have an 04 WRX Sti, purchased last month at Sommers in Mequon. I love it; it's probably the car you saw pulling into physician's parking.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well hello there then. Small world, isn't it? I'm not a physician, but I work at Columbia myself. What kind of doctor are you? Are you a resident? I'm guessing that you might be, since most of the older docs go for Lexi and Audis. You're not Deter by any chance, are you? I was talking to him about getting a WRX, and suggested Sommers to him. Who was your sales person there?

Lot's of questions I know. Just curious, since you're another Subaru owner so close. Talk to you later. PM me if you like.

Andy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there, I'm a radiation oncologist (thank God I'm not a resident!). Have always liked Subarus; this is my third one. I was interested in the Audi S4, but sort of was nervous about reliability issues (v8 shoehorned into the A4 chassis). So far, so good with the WRX STi. The salesguy at Sommers was Edsel Perez. Very professional and courteous guy who I highly recommend. How do you like your WRX?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nice to meet you.

I'm a clinical engineer here. You probably have seen Dale more than me, being an oncologist. My sales guy was John. I liked him. He was my type of sales guy, meaning he wasn't good at sales at all. He was much more of a carguy than a salesperson. I like my WRX so far. I've only had it since July and I've got 8200 miles on it. :D I'll like it even more in the summer, when it should have closer to 300hp at the crank. Im going to drag it this weekend at great lakes, to try to get a baseline before doing the upgrades. First time drag racing, so I'm hoping it'll be fun, and I won't kill my clutch too bad. Talk to you later.

Andy

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi fastarsewrx, we're actually looking for a couple of medical physicists for the hospital. We're expanding services and need a couple of physicists. Email me at [email protected] and I'll give you some contact people on Monday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys -

I bought my 2004 WRX sedan from Joe at Sommers back in June. I have the car up for sale now. I want to get an STI now.

Please e-mail me if you know anyone who is looking for a "new" used WRX with some light modifications done to it, and may factory upgrades. The car only has 3,583 mi. I will let it go for $22, 750!! I will show the car by appointment.

E-mail me at: [email protected]

Cheers,

Scott

·
Registered
16 Posts
hello im a newbie here in this forum...I've noticed also that a lot of Sti's are around Milwaukee but i've never seen one in any forum....

Anyhow...nice to meet you all...i just recently bought '04 psm wrx sedan in October and have a little over 1200 miles...

I also bought it from Sommer's and Edsel was my sells guy...me and bro has bought a total of 3 wrx's from him....i was hoping for a much better deal from him but hey...i guess business is business....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Has anyone here asked Sommers about upgrades, and how they affect the warranty? I'm going to be giving them a call soon.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Sommer's has a "performance" department that will help you out with suspension, brakes, etc. I don't think they'll mess with stuff like the engine.

A local guy that moved to Florida used to work there. I know they sell Kartboy stuff there.

Jay

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sommers is expensive

I just called them this morning for the eibach pro kit and installaion...and the service guy quoted me $566 for labor cost only....that is way TOO expensive...

you can go to bigbeartires and get the eibach pro kit installed for $420....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah, the most engine work Sommer's will prolly do for you car is a cat-back exhaust. But they are a pretty mod-friendly dealership. I've taken my car there a few times with my full catless setup and have never been hassled about it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts