ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a new owner of a 2011 wrx wrb hatch and i have noticed whenever i see other wrx they give this complimentary (kinda like bikers) gesture rather than wanting to race me, is this the same where you are?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
I know many/most of the owners in the area. Reactions include waves, beep of the horn, or even an impromptu beer or two.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
im in annapolis area of maryland theres a few here and there but up towards gaithersburg near my work andrewtech is behind my shop theres always a subie rumbling around here. BUT personally ill chunk up a duece :D, or do a head nod sometimes they dont do it back and i feel like an ass

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Wave or flash my high beams if my windows are up. Which is rare...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
now, with a civic si that's a different story/thread :p

·
Darth Dizzle
80 Posts
I'm in the SF Bay Area and see rex's pretty frequently. Usually give/ get a wave, head nod, or honk.

One thing I have noticed though is that one rex in a parking lot causes a "moth to a flame effect". I stopped at the super wal mart the other day and parked towards the back of the lot, away from carts and other cars. When I came out 30 mins later (spent 5 mins looking for what I came for and 25 mins standing in line) the was a silver bugeye and a blue 07 sti parked on my left and right sides.

I stuck around for a couple minutes to see if I could catch either of the owners but I figured they'd be stuck in line for a while and took off. thought that was kinda cool though.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
One thing I have noticed though is that one rex in a parking lot causes a "moth to a flame effect".
Nothing unusual.It has happened to me a lot.There is an Evo parked in the outer areas of the parking lot of the supermarket I go to(the owner must work there) and I always park next to it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in the SF Bay Area and see rex's pretty frequently. Usually give/ get a wave, head nod, or honk.

One thing I have noticed though is that one rex in a parking lot causes a "moth to a flame effect". I stopped at the super wal mart the other day and parked towards the back of the lot, away from carts and other cars. When I came out 30 mins later (spent 5 mins looking for what I came for and 25 mins standing in line) the was a silver bugeye and a blue 07 sti parked on my left and right sides.

I stuck around for a couple minutes to see if I could catch either of the owners but I figured they'd be stuck in line for a while and took off. thought that was kinda cool though.
that was, cool!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nothing unusual.It has happened to me a lot.There is an Evo parked in the outer areas of the parking lot of the supermarket I go to(the owner must work there) and I always park next to it.

beautiful sight! can we be friends? or not!....

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
i'm a new owner of a 2011 wrx wrb hatch and i have noticed whenever i see other wrx they give this complimentary (kinda like bikers) gesture rather than wanting to race me, is this the same where you are?
The wave is common.. most scoobie owners are mature enough to keep the racing to the track. Some aren't.. but .. that is what it is.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
When I just bought my 03 wrx, everyone would always give a thumbs up in any subaru that would see you. Friendly group of car owners. Now that I moved on to a sti, and sold that as well and just drive an economy car (camry). When I see a Wrx or STI now, I proceed to unzip my pants and rub one off to old memories.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The wave is common.. most scoobie owners are mature enough to keep the racing to the track. Some aren't.. but .. that is what it is.
right you are!

·
Registered
35 Posts
hope that he/she doesn't want to race or roll down his window to talk. sheesh, i own one but i can't stand the super fanboys, ricer racers.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
Hey man if a cute female owner wants to stop n chat scoobie.. I'll indulge her..

because that NEVER happens.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
Hey man if a cute female owner wants to stop n chat scoobie.. I'll indulge her..

because that NEVER happens.

I have never witnessed that in person (a cute female scoobie driver) but they do exist on this forum. (leg humping days were fun)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts