Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I shift from 2nd to 3rd, the shifter vibrates a little bit. Once i put my hand on the knob and push it into neutral it will vibrate and when I push it into 3rd it will also vibrate.
It only happens sometimes which makes me less worried. I'm new to driving stick (don't think I'm terrible) and people who drove stick say I'm doing just fine.
New wrx 2017 just got her to 1000km.

I don't know If i'm just panicking or if I should just take it to the dealer since its still brand new just wanna know if anyone knows if this is common.
Was gonna get a brass shifter bushing to see if that would help.

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,792 Posts
You'll feel a little vibration as the gears engage and disengage and the synchros mate up. If it seems excessive talk to the dealer as it is warrantied

· Master Baiter
22,140 Posts
Car is under warranty. What happens when you talk to the dealer about it? Do they say it's "normal"?

· Banned
473 Posts
As they said. A small amount of drivetrain feel is normal. Even when in gear. Talk to a subie tech if you need to.

· Registered
4 Posts
Wrx and Stis are notorious for being hard to shift smoothly. I've got 5000 miles in my new to me '13 sti. And it's still tough for me to do the 1-2 shift in town. I'd say it's just some vibration but if you are worried take it to the dealer to at least document it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.