ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
They should take orders well into 2012, I'd say you're good until at least April or May

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Yea your easily good thru march/April.. If you order now your still waiting 6-8 weeks for arrival.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank goodness im looking right now at repairing my wrx with a blown engine or just paying off the loan and getting a 2012 i own a 04 right now i think in the end ill be happier saving and being patient and just getting a 2012, do i need to do anything special like put a grand down on one or hows this work,should i just have up some money then go down to the dealer in like jan or febuary and then order it?

am i right in assuming ill be much happier saving and waiting?

·
Registered
102 Posts
thank goodness im looking right now at repairing my wrx with a blown engine or just paying off the loan and getting a 2012 i own a 04 right now i think in the end ill be happier saving and being patient and just getting a 2012, do i need to do anything special like put a grand down on one or hows this work,should i just have up some money then go down to the dealer in like jan or febuary and then order it?

am i right in assuming ill be much happier saving and waiting?
All depends on your financial situation. If you're THAT concerned about money you may want to look into getting a cheaper car. Insurance on a new '12 will be more than your '04 (especially if you only have liability). You're also going to be putting in premium fuel (not sure if the '04s required that or not).

As far as putting money down goes, it will obviously lower your monthly payment and that money won't have the interest rate go against it, but if your credit is good usually you can get away with zero down. Some people prefer to pay a little more to keep that money as a liquid asset since they only way you'll get that back out is selling the car.

I wouldn't be too worried about ordering unless you really want something specific. You can keep your eye on the nearby dealers to see if they get anything in that matches what you want (accessories can always be added later).

In short, no one can really make that decision for you because it entirely depends on your financial situation.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my financial situation isnt to bad and full coverage on 2012 for me is 170 a month,i would just rather put some money down wich is why id rather wait a little bit,the 04s took premium as well, a 2012 just seems to me much better ,more power factory warranty plus its sexy

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Why do you want to put money down? Interest rates are so low these days that if you have a low credit score, you're much better off putting that money anywhere other than into a down payment.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Do you need to save for a month or 2 before you order? Keep in mind that it will usually take 2 months for it to arrive after you order it. You don't pay for it until it arrives.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Why do you want to put money down? Interest rates are so low these days that if you have a low credit score, you're much better off putting that money anywhere other than into a down payment.
I guess it just depends on the situation.

I can't get lower than a 8.9% interest rate. I'm putting 14 or 15k down on mine and making 1000/month payments until its paid off. I'll have a 2012 wrx with less than 18,000miles and no payments. That sounds good to me.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
8.9%?That is ridiculous unless you have bad credit.Shop around,askk different banks,credit unions.

AFAIK the interest rate through subaru is 2.9% for 5 years.

·
Registered
164 Posts
8.9%?That is ridiculous unless you have bad credit.Shop around,askk different banks,credit unions.

AFAIK the interest rate through subaru is 2.9% for 5 years.
Yea I am going to. The 8.9 is from the credit union I belong to. I have a low credit score though. I think its around 600. I have only financed one vehicle for a few years before. I've never had credit cards. Also I screwed over a few cell phone companies because they were trying to screw me over several years ago and that is still on there.
I'm going to pay it off in a little over a year so the interest wont matter to much.

Also, I ordered me a 2012 wrx premium (SWP) today. Thank you for answering a lot of my noobie questions. I'm sure i'll have more if ya don't mind haha

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I apologize, Scott. I had to chuckle briefly when I read your advice that someone put money into something else besides a car. :tongue:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yea I am going to. The 8.9 is from the credit union I belong to. I have a low credit score though. I think its around 600. I have only financed one vehicle for a few years before. I've never had credit cards. Also I screwed over a few cell phone companies because they were trying to screw me over several years ago and that is still on there.
I'm going to pay it off in a little over a year so the interest wont matter to much.

Also, I ordered me a 2012 wrx premium (SWP) today. Thank you for answering a lot of my noobie questions. I'm sure i'll have more if ya don't mind haha
No credit history is probably a way bigger impact on your score than a couple bad cell phone contracts. While I'm definitely jealous that you have no car payment, you should really get a good credit card so you can use those cash reserves to your advantage instead of just dumping them into something that depreciates. Use it for very small purchases and pay them off just to build a history, and eventually work on being responsible enough to use them for everything (and not miss payments or let it get out of control).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts