Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking at pictures online and in brochures (sp?) and noticed that the STi has been seen with two different wheels. 1 are 5 split spoke (so 10 spoke) wheels that look like 17's but I am not sure. The Other is BBS wheels that look like 18's have have maybe 10 spokes, im not to sure. Which ones will the STi be getting? The chesey looking 5 split spokes or the BBS wheels? Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
US will be getting BBS multispoke one.. 5 spoke is JDM..
I love the look of 5 spoke, wish they bring it to US eventually..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The JDM ones look nice... But i dont think they look as nice as the bbs ones.

JDM:

If anybody has any pics of the BBS wheels i would like that a lot.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I would imagine they are about 15lbs just like every other forged BBS wheel.

-joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
i think the rims are cool.....but hell.......i might think about selling them for 3k w/tires if they really go for that much. They look good right now in my garage but I'd rather have some 18" Volks and Toyo T1-S. Maybe I would feel a little better if they REALLY were gun metal (which they arent unless I'm color blind). Alright, well that was just my 2 cents.....

·
Registered
293 Posts
$2800 for a set?! I think I could easily find other wheels I like better for that kind of money. I wonder if they fit on a wagon though. Reason being is that the last STI wagon has gold versions of the standard wheel instead of the STI wheels.

·
Registered
251 Posts
What's the size of the STI V7 tires? 225/45/17's?

Anyone tried a wider tire on the stock V7 (gold STI) rims without problems?

·
Registered
170 Posts
NJwrbT-WRX said:
I would imagine they are about 15lbs just like every other forged BBS wheel.

-joe

The BBS RG-R's are 17x7.5", forged, and are not 15lbs, they are 18lbs (from what I've heard). Although Vik at ImportHookup.com tried to tell me they are 14lbs... sure.

Out of curiousity, does anyone here have the BBS RG-R's, and have pics? I'd like to see them.

Jason

·
Registered
42 Posts
SICk wheels!!! Light, forged, and u r right, about 18lb for R18..
I am thinking of getting them for STi...

jay2theb said:
The BBS RG-R's are 17x7.5", forged, and are not 15lbs, they are 18lbs (from what I've heard). Although Vik at ImportHookup.com tried to tell me they are 14lbs... sure.

Out of curiousity, does anyone here have the BBS RG-R's, and have pics? I'd like to see them.

Jason

·
Registered
170 Posts
amdmaxx said:
SICk wheels!!! Light, forged, and u r right, about 18lb for R18..
I am thinking of getting them for STi...
If you're buying an STi then you're already getting the STi wheels!

Jason :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts