Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are there any good wheels that can be found for the stock tires? It seems like all the cool ones are 225/45R17 instead of the stock, which i think is 205/65R16 (correct me if I'm wrong please).

Also I am confused about sizing the wheels. 16 x 6.5 is the stock size I believe but everything elso on the web seems to be 16 x 7. What is the 6.5 and 7 in those sizes and how do I know if a tire fits the 6.5 or 7?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
oops n/m i think the stock rims are 16x6 instead of 6.5. I suggest that you get new tires instead of new rims becuase stickier tires are much more functional than better looking rims, plus the stock rims dont' look bad at all right?

Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would agree with you, I don't think they look that bad. As for new tires that is probably the next thing I am going to do. Save up some money and then buy some 17" tires with OZ superleggra wheels. I like the metal look with the silver color.

Any recommendation on with tires, I have been thinking Low Profile but any brand that I should get?

BTW, thanks for the help Tim,

Brian

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Hello Bryan,

If you want budget high performance tires go for the Kumho Supra Ecsta 712s, they offer them at tirerack and if you get tires with the superleggeras they will mount and balance them for you for free. The Superleggeras are nice becuase they're only about 15.1lbs. When you make hte purchase please remember to click through the banner on our website becuase it will help funding our site.
:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
The size of oem wheels on MY02 WRX's is 16x6.5". That means that the wheel is 16" tall (made for 16" tires), and 6.5" wide. A 16x7" wheel is 7" wide, etc...

For everything you ever wanted to know about tires, go to the tire tech section in tirerack.com. Tell you what fits and what doesn't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.