Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want 17" or 18" wheels eventually, and I really like the ROTA tarmacs, because they look like the prodrive P1s. I'm not going to be getting wheels for quite awhile, but I want to start saving now, and I need to know how much to save . . . ROTA or Prodrive, what the pros and cons for each? Also, if anyone has pics of gold or bronze Tarmacs on a blue 'rex, I'd like to see them.

thanks

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Rota Tarmacs weigh about a pound less, and cost a lot less. They don't have the finish of the prodrives, and the centercaps look like a$$. Other than that, they're great. My view is that I can buy at least 2 rota rims for the price of a prodrive if they break. I don't think there is much of a strength difference, but nobody I've read has made a direct comparison. On the same note, I don't really remember hearing of any broken of either rims that weren't blatent abuse or from a crash.

tcc

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Everything I hear points to a good reputation for the Rotas in the strength department. I'm planning on getting Rotas.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have question about tarmacs.

Have you heard about hubcentric spacer to make non hubcentric rims to hubcentric???

I'm getting tarmacs tomorrow.

Thanks

Taka:)

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Rota Wheels are well worth the money. And very strong for that matter. I have a set of 18" Rota Battles. If you want to know how much and where you can buy a set of Rotas, check out Suby Dude (Joseph). His cousin works for Rota, and he can get you an awesome deal. Check him out at:

http://www.subydude.com

Tell him Kurlee Daddee sent you.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
416 Posts
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
If you want to know how much and where you can buy a set of Rotas, check out Suby Dude (Joseph). His cousin works for Rota, and he can get you an awesome deal. Check him out at:

http://www.subydude.com

Tell him Kurlee Daddee sent you.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
Where were you a couple weeks ago when I ordered mine? I love mine, I have a set of 18" Sub-Zeros. I got them cause they are very light for 18" and I too have heard good things about their strength. They survived an accident where someone ran into the side of my car and did hit the Rota. NO damage to the Rota. Im going to have it rebalanced just to make sure.

·
Registered
56 Posts
yes subydude gave me the deal.

I should recieve tomorrow.

anybody know about hubcentric spacers for tarmacs???

thanks

Taka:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I hava a question about tarmac carbonfiber look center cap.

I really don't like carbonfiber look center cap. It doesn't fit the wheel.

If anyone knows info such as the center cap same color as the wheel. please let me know.

taka

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
certain colors of tarmacs were NOT hubcentric as of the last production run. If they make another run, they will all be hubcentric. (from revolutions motorsports)

as far as center caps go, subydude also sells replacement caps that match the wheel color...look here...

·
Registered
56 Posts
djrez4:

thanks for info.

i have one more question to you. how can i distinguish hubcentric or non-hubcentric by looking wheels?

I have bronze wheels.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
i don't know if you can distinguish between hubcentric and non just by looking. call revolutions motorsports (can't find the number on the website, i'll post it when i get home) but the website says they are all now hubcentric.

·
Registered
40 Posts
djrez4 said:
i don't know if you can distinguish between hubcentric and non just by looking. call revolutions motorsports (can't find the number on the website, i'll post it when i get home) but the website says they are all now hubcentric.
you can tell a hubcentric wheel when you put it on the hub. It's VERY obvious. The wheel won't have any room at all to move about on the hub. Otherwise, the hole would be bigger than necessary and you have to be very careful about seating the wheel right in the middle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts