Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay....As I prepare to get my car, I have been looking at mods...I am just tryin to get people's personal opinions. I plan on getting a WR Blue REX.
1) Question about rims. I plan on going with 17x17.5, but Im curious about which rim to go with? There are soo many nice ones...It's between either a Volk TE-37 (Bronze) or Speedline Ruota...With the volk I know i get the combination of prestige, purpose, and style...But how would the bronze look on the WR blue? IYO? The speedline RUOTA's look plain sick on the REX. ANy other suggestions? I like the quality of VOLK soo any other Volk's out there would be cool (ie. S37k?)

By the way, How would the Volk's look with a body kit? maybe either a Prova, C-west, or OEM...Im not sure, but your personal opinion would be greatful....
2) Next Question is about suspension...I have seen kits such as Hot Bit, APEX, and Tein HA (I believe) all relatively in the same price range....Should I just splurge on a better suspension set-up (ie. Cusco or DMS 40mm?) What are the differences? Im basically looking for something that is adjustable and is QUALITY...No expenses spared on this car. I like the M2 DMS 40mm by the way...looks good!

Your expertise is greatly appreciated...Thanks for the help...I know I should use the search function, but my questions remain unanswered...

·
Registered
218 Posts
i think everybody knows what i want and they are volk te 37s in bronze 17x17.5 48 mm offset mmmmmmm.

try this:
http://clubwrx.keystreams.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1268

as for suspension i am going with the dms 50 mm golds. last i recalled the tein HAs arnt cheap they are about the same price as dms.

im getting dms for confort becasue my other choice would be the tein type ha but ive heard there to ruff and unconfortable with the pillow ball mounts but they said they handled amazingly on the track.

so it depends on what your looking for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dannnnnnnng.....Those are the LE-37's? Those look sweeeet....I didn't think they looked all that great when i first saw them in a pic...But up close they are nice...Gimme some specs on them...Also, what is the price range? are they as expensive and as good as its brother the Te-37? thanks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
if i am not mistaken they are te37s unless my eyes are playing tricks on me i know the bronze and gun metal are te37's first because thats the color they come in and second thats what it says. as for the silver one it looks like te37s but i didnt know they came in polished aluminum and for some reason they look a little different.

bluescoob they all three of them are te37s right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ohh whoops..Well i said LE-37's because thats what was written in the post...soo i failed to look at the picture...except to drool over those sweet rims....WOW! i think either Bronze or Gunmetal will both look good...Terrible one...good taste man...

·
1,911 Posts
Actually the silver ones were limited edition TE37's which are no longer available. The LE37T's are which are same wheel but gunmetal, polished lip and come with center caps are available. E-mail me privately for pricing. I am getting a set of 18 inch LE's to replace my silver 17 inch TE37's but not till next Spring.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
You can get most of the Volk Racing rims for really cheap at Importhookup.com, and right now you can get a lot of some pretty nice looking Japanese rims with tires for $1100 shipped with the promotional clearance.

G

·
I was just at a Japanese market that sells current Japanese car magazines like Option, Car Boy, etc. I was looking through a $30 mag that specializes on the Impreza. Japanese Imprezas look so damn nice. Anyway, they did a review on many different types of suspension. The Apex coilovers ranked first while the Tanabe's, Tein, etc, were somewhere in the middle.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you want to see the TE37s in 17x7.5 on a WR Blue WRX just check the Bozz Speed car in the October 01 isse of Sport Compact Car. My only question is with that wheel size - should i go with a 225, 235 or 245 tire? (assuming a 45 profile).

Speed safe,

Joe
[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts