Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well im about to order some wheels and springs for my black '03 wrx sedan within the next 2 weeks and have already chosen the wheels i want but am unsure of the size to get. i am looking into the gram light 57f's and i plan on throwing a set of 225/45 tires on them. i want the tires to look as wide as possible without exceeding out past the wheel gap. my question is should i go with 17 x 7.5 or 17 x 8.5? also im unsure of which springs to get, coil overs are a bit too expensive at the moment and i doubt i will ever need to adjust the ride height. i was looking at the tein s. tech springs but i have heard good and bad things about them, and im unsure about the 2" drop in the front, i think that might be a little too low for clearence of speed bumps and this nasty bump in front of my driveway. anyway tell me what you guys think.

Here are trhe wheels

·
Registered
142 Posts
Go with the 7.5" wide wheels. The 8.5" is a little too much. For springs I would reccomend Eibach. If you want a little more of a drop than that go with Perrin.

Eibach = 1.3 frt. 1.0 rear

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thanks for the reply, so you think the 225/45's wont be too wide for the 7.5's? as for springs i think im gonna go with the eibach's, they seem to have a respectable drop. thanks again.

-Brian

·
Official ClubWRX arms dealer
2,377 Posts
I just orderd a set of FLIK Wasps in 18'x7.5 on 40 series rubber and Prodrive springs. It will all go on within the next 2-3 weeks so I am hoping it'll look sweet.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SOUTHPAW said:
I just orderd a set of FLIK Wasps in 18'x7.5 on 40 series rubber and Prodrive springs. It will all go on within the next 2-3 weeks so I am hoping it'll look sweet.....
nice, post some pics when you get everything on. should look sweet.

·
Official ClubWRX arms dealer
2,377 Posts
nice, post some pics when you get everything on. should look sweet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...I also have an OEM rear lip, carbon fiber side markers, and a silverstar blinker conversion gettin' put on too! It's a complete exterior transformation from stock!:D

Now i just need to find the right deal on a Prodrive front lip.

Any idea where to find one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts