ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that more / less rotating mass effect's acceleration but how much really does it take to notice a difference?

For an example. The stock 11 wrx rims are 22lbs each from what I read. If you switched to some 04 STi BBS which are about 16lbs each would that make a noticeable difference assuming the same tire is used?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am considering using the BBS for my summer wheel set up since they are so light and strong.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
They affect braking even more than acceleration.

A pound or two you won't really notice, but a 25% difference you probably would. It also depends on how you drive and how aware you are of differences in your car.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They affect braking even more than acceleration.

A pound or two you won't really notice, but a 25% difference you probably would. It also depends on how you drive and how aware you are of differences in your car.
I never ever thought about the braking. That would be a plus also.
I am pretty observant so I'm sure I would notice any changes. The only down side to the BBS wheels is the 7.5 inch width vs the 8 inch. And for the price of the wheels plus powder coating = same price as a set of new Rota's.

Decisions, decisions..

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For any wheel/tire experts on here.. Would putting my stock 235/45/17 tire's on the BBS which are 17x7.5 be a bad idea? I know the original size for the STi was a 225 tire.

I am considering selling the BBS and getting some 18 inch Rota's for summer but would really like the performance gain of the 15.7lb BBS rims.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
I went with the Enkei PF01s, which weigh 17.4 lbs. I noticed a difference, but only in the braking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts