ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, anybody got some suggestions about wheels? I have an 02 WRX sedan and i know i want a black wheel and i already know i want the bridgestone potenza's I was thinking about maybe keeping the stock size 16" or maybe going to a 17. I dont want to drop a lot of cash on wheels but maybe someone has a good budget wheel they liked

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
RE-11s? Those are some expensive tires. I had 18" RE-01s on my car a while back. I loved the tires, they were great.. but then one day I noticed a screw sticking out of the sidewall. A week after patching it the sidewall came apart and I had to buy a new set of tires. After spending $1200 on RE-01s I decided to go with cheaper tires until I'm really doing some serious racing. That's one of the reasons I'm getting ready to switch to 17" wheels.. being AWD, and the fact that you have to replace all four tires at once, I just can't afford to keep dumping a grand every time something happens to one of my tires.

This time I'm getting 17" Hankook Evo v12s.. might not perform as well as the RE-11s, but I sure like the price a lot more. Especially considering the fact that I could possibly have to replace them in 100 miles due to some unseen road debris.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not the RE-01s i am getting the potenza RE970AS pole positions. they are $630 for a set of 4 and they are performance all season tires. Im not doing some hardcore racing yet either so i want a good balance between performance and comfort. i am still on the fence about just powder coating the stock rims black to save some cash. the stocks are 16" right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts