ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 17 inch Sparco rims from my Focus ST and want to put them on my 2017 WRX for this upcoming winter. Bolt pattern from the ST is 5x108. Would I be okay running spacers just for the winter? If so how big would the spacers have to be?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,420 Posts
You’ve not provided the offset for the wheels so I can’t imagine anyone giving a mathematically accurate answer.

However I don’t use spacers. Sell the wheels that’s don’t fit and buy wheels that do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are the same offset and width of the wrx. Just a slight difference in bolt pattern.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
19,595 Posts
Sell the wheels, keep the tires, buy new wheels, put tires on new wheels.

You seem to be interested in safety which is good. The above methodology maximizes safety.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ok I don't have a lot of money and I bought a WRX with wheels that rub on my front fender inserts. Id like to keep the wheels for now and that spacers are a bit less expensive at the moment. Could someone tell me what ones are good and how I go about telling which size I should get?

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
None are "good".

Besides messing with the lugnut engagement they change the suspension and steering geometry.

I'm not in your pockets but i would either sell your wheels and buy a set with the proper offset. I assume the car is lowered as well, so you'll want to keep that in mind when choosing wheel width to assure they fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts