Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm ordering a new WRX later this week and I definately and gonna have to get some new wheels for it.:eek: What size should I go with and what wheels are available for the WRX. I'll have an extra set of OZ F1 Cups in 18x9 or 18x8 not sure, left over from the VR4. Will 18x9's fit on the WRX?? or is that to big?? Or should I look else where for wheels?? thanks for your help.:D

·
Registered
400 Posts
The largest I've heard anyone has put on is 18x8.5. The offset is what you need to be carfull with. Stock wheels are 53mm, anything below 48mm, especally with a bigger wheel I wouldn't do.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,320 Posts
This may be too obvious, but I thought I better mention it, I don't know what the bolt pattern Mitsubishi uses, Subaru uses a 5x100 pattern.

Big Sky WRX

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know, but the oz's have both I think, 5x100 and 5x114.3. I found out that they don't fit:( What would you guys recommend??

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey Dan any reason in particular for not going with English, German or Italian wheels? Is it because of fitment and offset and such? BBS, OZ, Zender, etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I'm either gonna get Konig Tantrums or SSR GT1's. I had a set of Gt1's on my Vr4!!!!!!!!:D :D

·
1,911 Posts
MMC_555 said:
Hey Dan any reason in particular for not going with English, German or Italian wheels? Is it because of fitment and offset and such? BBS, OZ, Zender, etc.
The quality on the Japanese wheels combined with their light weight and incredible strength is the reason I only use Japanese wheels. Also, they are more apt to have your fitment. The BBS forged wheels are not bad but they really only offer a mesh style or variation thereof. I do not care for other european wheels. OZ wheels are WAY overrated in my opinion. I see no reason why they cost so much. You may as well get SSR's and get a nice strong forged wheel instead of the OZ's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts