Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 wrx with stock suspension and im getting new wheels. Will a 17x8 with a 30mm offset fit without scrubbing? Original's 16x6.5

·
Super Moderator
11,576 Posts
You'll want to keep the offset as close to factory as possible. So imagine your wheel getting wider, but instead of expanding both ways the width is added to the outside.

For example.

If your factory wheel is 7" wide with a 1 inch offset and you want to go 8 then you'll need the offset to be 0. (I think I'm going the right way, check www.willtheyfit.com to verify)

Also. Nasioc has wheel fitment threads, check those to see what people fit and how. Some things need rolled fenders, or even trimmed fenders with the big rubber made trash can looking fender flares.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,765 Posts
A 17X8 with 43mm - 48mm ought to fit directly, and will allow you to run 235s or perhaps 245s. Take the opportunity to examine whether you can reduce not merely weight but also circumference in order to gain RPM out of tight bends at the expense of efficiency and noise. Consider the Enkei RPF-1 in 17X8 because it fits, it's light, it's the same marque as your existing wheels (and therefore made by a reputable firm) and it's actually economical for what it is. Don't forget to ask if you'll need new lug nuts and add the weight of the rubber to the weight of the wheel before proclaiming something lighter overall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts