ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping for a winter wheel/tire combo for my STI. I found these I like that wheel, but it does not say it will fit on the website. How do I know what wheels will fit? What tires would match well? Thanks for being patient with my noobness.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'd say get cheaper wheels for winter use. Blizzak lm-22 are probably the best winter tires around. I bought the ASA rims with the lm-22 from tire rack and absolutely loved them. The car handled very well in heavy snow (6" plus).

The reason why I say less expensive wheels is because if the car is left outside, the snow collects in the spokes and freezes which could scratch the rims (or cause you to scratch them when removing the ice). Plus, just the idea of staying outside in cold weather with lots of snow/dirt/salt all over your car would make me want to put less expensive stuff on it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
complexx said:
I'd say get cheaper wheels for winter use. Blizzak lm-22 are probably the best winter tires around. I bought the ASA rims with the lm-22 from tire rack and absolutely loved them. The car handled very well in heavy snow (6" plus).

The reason why I say less expensive wheels is because if the car is left outside, the snow collects in the spokes and freezes which could scratch the rims (or cause you to scratch them when removing the ice). Plus, just the idea of staying outside in cold weather with lots of snow/dirt/salt all over your car would make me want to put less expensive stuff on it.
I meant to say that in my previous post...those are very nice/expensive wheels for winter...I'd be looking at those more as a summer wheel.

·
Registered
948 Posts
fenders313 said:
I meant to say that in my previous post...those are very nice/expensive wheels for winter...I'd be looking at those more as a summer wheel.
Yeah, they were the only wheels tirerack offered that fit around the brembo caliper when I bought them. Just before last winter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Michigan winters get a little intense at times. The car will be in my garage at night, but during the day it will be subjected to the harsh michigan winters. Can you suggest a place to find less expensive rims for winter?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts