Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is my wheel gap still going to look hideous after I put my new wheels on? Or will the bigger wheels decrease it?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Since the overall diameter should be the same, the wheelgap will remain unchanged. imo it will probably stand out even more because you would expect a car with new rims to have little to no wheelgap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have 17s and its not lowered, not for long thankfully, but it still looks better than stock. the gap isnt any smaller, but i think it isnt quite as noticable as with 16s

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
jungdragon said:
Since the overall diameter should be the same, the wheelgap will remain unchanged. imo it will probably stand out even more because you would expect a car with new rims to have little to no wheelgap.
this is correct. you don't change the oveall diameter, so the gap from tire to fender is still the same.

dR

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which springs, Tanabe or Eibach? I think tanabe has a lower drop, which is good because my lip gets chewed up sometimes.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wait i meant tanabe wasn't as severe a drop, but maybe I'm wrong.:eek:

heres specs on tanabe: Front: -1.3 in; Rear: -1.0 in

Eibach: Front: -1.3 in; Rear: -1.0 in

weird, they are the same. oh well lol

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
from my expierence with a local buddy of mine. there are 2 tanabes rolling around. one is around a 1.5 drop i think, then there is another that is 1.8-2.0... pm user BDR about his tanabes he switched, accidentally got the 1.5s then got the 1.8s or whatever the exact is. I also think mili had tanabe springs.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that was an extremely quick reply... but anyway i edited with specs on both.

Well... tanabe it is... I'll save a $20

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Chunks said:
that was an extremely quick reply... but anyway i edited with specs on both.

Well... tanabe it is... I'll save a $20

k, just make sure that you check with your vendor as to which tanabes they are, bdr has the tanabe 2 inch and the same lip as yours on 18 inch subzeros. might want to pm him any clearance questions you have.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Most people I know with Eibach springs love them.

Most people I know with Tanabe springs don't like them.

The Eibachs are an excellent value because they retain a good ride quality.

-Jim

·
Registered
679 Posts
jungdragon said:
Double ditto. That's why I ordered springs at the same time as wheels/tires. I drove around for 1 day without the springs. The wheels looked good, but the car looked like a 4X4. Definately stood out.

·
Registered
292 Posts
you might consider Tein SS.

I got these coilovers and you can adjust the drop. I got the from dropped about 2.3 inches and back 1.5inchs.

The ride is smooth as heck. I took my friend for a ride. When I said, how do you like the tein's ride, he was like "wow, I didn't even notice it wasn't stock". He gots some hard prodrive springs oh his 2000 2.5

peace!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts