Subaru WRX Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
No. No rub at all. I have a little baby stretch going. So when I air out the fender and tire have no clearance lol. But I don’t rub at all
Stretching? Not a fan of it I hear it can be bad … but looks sick !!!
im get some 18x9.5 n I’m thinking of doing a stretch… what tire size do you recommend…?
I’ve been told 245 or 255

·
Registered
2016 wrx
255 Posts
I haven’t heard any negative. But then again I haven’t heard any positive either lol. 1 YouTube is running them he says he loves em but I haven’t heard much from that. I actually just blew the motor in my WRX lol. So I’m currently going to begin the tear down.

·
Registered
2016 wrx
255 Posts
Stretching? Not a fan of it I hear it can be bad … but looks sick !!!
im get some 18x9.5 n I’m thinking of doing a stretch… what tire size do you recommend…?
I’ve been told 245 or 255
I agree with the stretching. I did a baby stretch for that reason I didn’t wanna be one of the guys putting a smart car tire on a 9.5 wide lol. Uh i don’t remember the size tire I decided to run

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I haven’t heard any negative. But then again I haven’t heard any positive either lol. 1 YouTube is running them he says he loves em but I haven’t heard much from that. I actually just blew the motor in my WRX lol. So I’m currently going to begin the tear down.
Stock engine ?

·
Registered
2016 wrx
255 Posts
That’s make more sense… I’m sure if u spend more on doing internal upgrades. Cams,pistons, rods etc it would be cheaper then 10k
The bad part is the damn turbo is so expensive !! I’m also gonna send the heads to a machine shop to have them looked over and pray they are okay. I wanna do a conservative build. I prefer how the car looks over being the fastest car in the area. Plus everything now a days is 800-1100hp lol. I can’t afford that build lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The bad part is the damn turbo is so expensive !! I’m also gonna send the heads to a machine shop to have them looked over and pray they are okay. I wanna do a conservative build. I prefer how the car looks over being the fastest car in the area. Plus everything now a days is 800-1100hp lol. I can’t afford that build lol
Yea the power range in some of these cars out there is insane…definitely not reliable and big money spending builds…yea I’m looking to keep it safe ..even though I have found a tuner who has safely taking bone stock EJ blocks into 400-500 limit with some mods

21 - 35 of 35 Posts