Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put wheels on my 18 sti…
I would love to do 18x9.5 or 18x10 if it fits … looking to fit the wells but be able to clear once I drop on Coilovers… if anyone has pics or info to share on fitment plz do

·
In Æternum
16,890 Posts
I wouldn't go wider than 9.5.

It will be a detriment to performance on all fronts.

Then again if you are asking this question, I have a sneaking suspicion you aren't thinking of installing top-quality coilovers either..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll be installing Coilovers … the brand idk haven’t done research on as everyone has different opinions…by top brand who do you consider being the best

·
Super Moderator
12,618 Posts
Things not bc, Tien, isc, faction fab, ksport and other like brands.

You'll be looking at companies like kw, ohlins, and rce if you want really good quality.

·
Super Moderator
2,532 Posts
Things not bc, Tien, isc, faction fab, ksport and other like brands.

You'll be looking at companies like kw, ohlins, and rce if you want really good quality.
I agree, although I would add Feal and Fortune Auto to the quality list.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Why does everyone want to go with coilovers instead of a well researched optimal shock and spring set? Is it not cheaper and more reliable? (actual question)

Also, best of luck, OP. For the three weeks I tolerated it on my 15 STI, I had 18x9.5. I remember my offset was reasonable and I was lowered on modest RCE yellow springs. It rubbed and made the car ride like crap, despite all of the forum feedback. Just do your homework and don't rely on the words of others, unless it's from a shop.

·
Registered
2016 wrx
255 Posts
It’s like driving on a cloud. I honestly dk why everyone dislikes bags. I love the fact that I can adjust when ever I want. I’m on air lift performance Management and bags (complete package.)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It’s like driving on a cloud. I honestly dk why everyone dislikes bags. I love the fact that I can adjust when ever I want. I’m on air lift performance Management and bags (complete package.)
3p or 3h … I have air bags on my Ford Focus but I didn’t go with the complete airlift kit… I did c2b suspension Coilover conversion bags.., ride quality is good but not as good as a full complete kit from air lift…

1 - 20 of 35 Posts