ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short story I really need to get winet tires so i can dive my wrx this year in the snow (I have a 30mile commute to work) only problem: the car came with the willwood big brake upgrade on it. It's a 2002 it currently has 18's on it with 225/40/18 tires on it I think 17's will fit over the brakes but i don't want to go buy rims not knowing if they will fit. is there any way to check that they will fit with a tape measure etc. I don't know anyone with 17's to test fitment before i go buy them.

this is the package i'm looking at:
http://www.tirerack.com/cart/HoldingArea.jsp?confirmMounted=&referralCode=null&tiresMounted=yes&shopTires=true

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
wilwood might have a pdf on their site that can printed out, tire rack could probably confirm w/ that pdf

try Luke @ tirerack, he'd have a very good idea

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
To check diameter wise:

Jack car up remove a wheel and measure from the center of the hub to the edge of the brake caliper and add about 1/2"-3/4". Most wheel MFGS have sizing specs on their website. For offset you can measure from the hubface out to see how far the stick out.

My guess is that DIA wise youd be fine with the willwood package. An easy way to insure you get the right rim is too find out what the offset on the 18's is and buy the same on a set of 17's. My guess is with a 45-48mm offset youd be fine.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the help guys... I just decided to not drive it when it's snowing and leave my summer wheels/tires on... but I will save this info :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts