ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't sell anything! Wanted to let everyone know about the new wheel site. It's a free database with pics and specs.

WWW.WHEELSPECS.COM

We've been working on this for 6+ months and continue working everyday uploading specs, models, brands, and images. We openly invite specific questions in the forums, but please don't swamp us with "what is this wheel" questions since it'll probably be in the database soon enough. We ask that "what fits my car" questions be delayed until we've got the RIDES section up and running also.

We already have a ton of data on newer wheels, but we definitely need help getting pics and specs for the older and/or discontinued wheels, so if you have something like that - POST IT IN THE FORUMS with pics and specs, please.
www.wheelspecs.com/forums

The "RIDES" section is in the works which should clear up fitment questions. This will be a great place to show everyone your car and should eliminate the need for personal car pages with those pesky pop-ups. Unlike the "showy" sites, we'll be glad to have anyone and everyone upload their pics and info. Hopefully, the RIDES section should be ready within a couple weeks.

A search is already setup to show ebay auctions for the wheel model you're viewing. We'll be adding a classifieds section soon too so finding used wheels that fit won't be so hard.

Hopefully this site will eliminate the tired forum questions:
"What is this wheel?"
"What fits my car?"

The site development time and cost has all been out of pocket so we welcome advertisers.

We hope you enjoy using the site.
Zero popups!

Created by: Jason and Paalo (Well, mainly Jason because Paalo is a lazy beotch.)
Contributions from: Sean, Chris, Jay, Nate, Krendi, Gamble, Rick, and Brooks

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
Wow, this is really quite impressive. I'll be checking back often for updates! :)

One thing though...aren't all Advans forged and not cast? Not trying to nitpick 'cause I know it's still an evolving website, but just something I noticed :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not sure that ALL advans are forged, but I am positive that we have a large number of mistakes in the manufacturing technique category throughout the database. Correcting mistakes is our highest priority. If there is a mistake you notice that you're postitive about, please let us know in our corrections forum.

Along with correcting mistakes and adding new data everyday, we're also tweaking the front end to make the data as usable as possible. Two small changes coming soon are: We're listing all discontinued models AFTER currently available wheels on the brand pages instead of the current alphabetical listing. We'll also be adding exclusive sellers of particular models in the model notes.

:D

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
Sounds great! Keep up the good work! It's really great to have this resource for us car enthusiasts :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RIDES section volunteers needed. Show your car to the world.
Click here for information.

I know some of you will volunteer, but the SVX forum isn't very active. If any of you know SVX owners, please let them know about the site. I'm impressed by your cars (almost bought one), but my softspot for scoobies has always been the SVX.

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
EL PAALO said:
Thanks, we'll get it uploaded.

No RIDES volunteers?
If you sponsor my car with some Volks I'll gladly be a volunteer! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Verdugo said:

If you sponsor my car with some Volks I'll gladly be a volunteer! :D

:p We don't sell wheels. We're just a few nuts who decided a good wheel site was needed for everyone. There was no good place to get unbiased info before. We still don't have nearly enough brands/models/pics/specs, but we're getting there.

You should sponsor me. I'm driving an eleven year old car. ;)

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
EL PAALO said:

:p We don't sell wheels. We're just a few nuts who decided a good wheel site was needed for everyone. There was no good place to get unbiased info before. We still don't have nearly enough brands/models/pics/specs, but we're getting there.

You should sponsor me. I'm driving an eleven year old car. ;)
Hehe...hey, those early 90s MR2s are slick...two-seater with a turbo...what more can you ask for? :)

·
1,816 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts