ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a stock 2003 WRX and im looking to put wheels on it. i dont really know what i should put on. i prefer something like the Rota Grids but i heard there not good on WRX'. i just need some help... throw all different kinds out there. ill look em up.

thanks for the help.
-Joe

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
17X8 Enkei RPF-1's

Color dependent on your car color

Also, thank you for saying wheels and not rims

·
Æternum
20,615 Posts
It doesn't matter which wheel you choose, just be sure to match up your offset and bolt pattern. My summer-turned-winter wheels are Rota GR-A 17x7.5 ET+48. You'll want to stay under 8" wide wheels for Bugeyes and certainly no wheel spacers. I think I might do Enkei RPF-1s in the spring, but seeing how they've become so common... I'm starting to look elsewhere.

i prefer something like the Rota Grids but i heard there not good on WRX'
Why not? I know Rotas have reputation for being cheap and fracturing (I've seen it with my own eyes), but my GR-As are circa 2003 and no cracks or bends.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
There's many threads on this topic so you should do a search.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
You'll want to stay under 8" wide wheels for Bugeyes
Why under 8"?? Im running 17X8s with a 235 tire with no rubbing whatsoever. I think 17X8 is perfect for a bugeye

·
Æternum
20,615 Posts
Why under 8"?? Im running 17X8s with a 235 tire with no rubbing whatsoever. I think 17X8 is perfect for a bugeye
Sorry, I meant 8 is the upper limit. I wouldn't run 8.5. Wagons have a hard time even with the 8" because of the smaller rear fender.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Sorry, I meant 8 is the upper limit. I wouldn't run 8.5. Wagons have a hard time even with the 8" because of the smaller rear fender.
I can agree with that. I would say an 8" with a 245 tire is about as far as I would push it without fender work and fancy alignments. However if I ever go widebody that number is getting tossed out the window :tongue:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
You really have no reason to go 18's An 18x8 will have the same amount of rubber on the road as a 17x8 except will be heavier. Can you do it? it depends on the offset and tire size but yes it is possible without fender work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts